Ezee-Feed, One My Best Shop Investments

Review by Ryan Bruzan posted 06-27-2011 09:24 PM 3389 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Ezee-Feed, One My Best Shop Investments No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I picked up a nice, 12’ long piece of red oak S4S for ripping down into smaller stock. I needed 12’ lengths, but I also realized how much control I did not have if I tried to feed the board into my table saw from 11’ away from the blade. I didn’t think about handling and ripping it in my small shop. I mean, I have the length, but I did not want to have to crawl under the long boards to puzzle the ripping process together.

After pondering the process for a moment for an easier, more controlled way of ripping, I thought about this new tool I just recently invested in, namely an Ezee-Feed table extension. I’ve have already used the extension several times to assist me in ripping sheet goods down to panels and quite often, but it is so new in my shop that I did not think to use it for ripping long boards until today. I am so happy I did.

No worries about running the boards straight through the blade at such great distances away from control.

I found the Ezee-Feed system while I was browsing other LumberJocks’ projects. This is a fantastic addition to my workshop and I’m sure you would say the same, especially if you process a large number of sheet goods.

Check it out at http://ezee-feed.com/. For questions, contact LumberJocks community member Lee Jesberger. He will guide you through setup, which for me was fairly simple despite having to drill a few accurate holes in my table saw. After the rail(s) are attached, that’s it. Setup and take-down is literally a two step process.

Thank you Lee.

-- No matter how many factors go into thinking about a project, there is always one important new discovery to be made.

View Ryan Bruzan's profile

Ryan Bruzan

View Craftsman on the lake's profile

Craftsman on the lake

#1 posted 06-28-2011 02:03 AM

Looks like a great idea and looks like it works well. A bit pricy though.

View TechRedneck's profile

TechRedneck

#2 posted 06-28-2011 03:39 AM

I went to the website and watched the video. This is a nice solution to a common problem. I may put this on my wish list and would consider it I were building a lot of case goods.

I thought the Gorilla Gripper was a bit pricey but bought one on sale and use it every time I have to move sheet goods by myself (which is most of the time). Combine the gripper with this Ezee-Feed and most solitary woodworkers should be able to handle and cut 4×8 sheets safely. I presently use a circular saw and saw horses to get the stock to table saw size if I don’t have a helper. Guess you would have to be building a number of cabinets to justify the cost.

I want one tho…

-- Mike.... West Virginia. "Man is a tool using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all.". T Carlyle

View richgreer's profile

richgreer

#3 posted 06-28-2011 02:12 PM

Looks like a good idea – if you have the room. I don’t.

However, I can make perfect, table saw quality, cuts with my Festool plunge saw on a track. I have the extension kit that allows me to put 2 tracks together for over 8’ in total length.

View Brad_Nailor's profile

Brad_Nailor

#4 posted 06-28-2011 02:29 PM

I want to buy one of these soo bad….I just never seem to have the liquid cash to do it..

-- http://www.facebook.com/pages/DSO-Designs/297237806954248

View B0b's profile

B0b

#5 posted 06-28-2011 06:03 PM

-- Time to get started

View Craftsman on the lake's profile

Craftsman on the lake

#6 posted 06-28-2011 10:42 PM

“Regaring the price, this looks like something that would be an easy DIY project. I wonder if I am over simplifying it in my head.”

——-
If you weld it would be a fairly easy make. A couple of old steel bed frames some rustoleum and those little roller bearings.. I don’t know where you’d get those. The horizontal sliding part would require a little thinking.