3M Sandblaster Holder and Pre-cut Sandpaper Sheets

Review by David Grimes posted 06-26-2011 10:51 AM 3220 views 1 time favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
3M Sandblaster Holder and Pre-cut Sandpaper Sheets 3M Sandblaster Holder and Pre-cut Sandpaper Sheets 3M Sandblaster Holder and Pre-cut Sandpaper Sheets Click the pictures to enlarge them

I picked this 3M Sandblaster holder and one box each of 80, 120, and 220 grit up a few months ago at one of the big box stores on an impulse because my guys go through the sanding sponge blocks like addicts. But I took it home to give it a try first since I was ripping a lot of 3/8” plywood on the table saw (and then to length on the sliding miter saw). I used this to sand over the cut edges very quickly.

It was handy. Not miraculous, of course, but very handy. Comfortable to hold and use. I especially liked the ability to move the handle around to different angles. It has twelve pre-set position spots that require just moving the handle to one of, yet it will remain in that position even during quite spirited sanding.

The paper is pre-cut to the required 1 1/4” x 5 1/2”, but after quick and easy tool-less installation the working surface is 1 1/4” x 4 1/2”.

Since that first use, I keep it next to my rubber sanding block and a couple of 3M sanding sponge blocks, yet every time I need to sand anything I keep going back to these.

I highly recommend them… for what they are they do a great job and the ergonomics of small hand sanding is improved. The sander is about $6 and the packs of sandpaper (each with 8 sheets) are around $5 or so.

Give ‘em a try.

View David Grimes's profile

David Grimes

2072 posts in 1297 days

View 308Gap's profile

308Gap

#1 posted 06-26-2011 11:35 PM

good to know, thanks for the heads up.

-- Thank You Veterans!

View bobasaurus's profile

bobasaurus

#2 posted 06-28-2011 11:38 PM

I have one of these. I’ve been using it to wet sand old cast iron surfaces (both on an old delta lathe and bandsaw). It does work pretty well, though I have trouble pressing the little plastic tabs in to release the paper.

-- Allen, Colorado

View David Grimes's profile

David Grimes

2072 posts in 1297 days

#3 posted 06-29-2011 03:54 AM

@bobasaurus: Yeah, you do have to push them in just right to release.

Better this way than “I can’t get the tabs to stay in so the paper always falls out. ;=)