6 Piece Pneumatic Scraper Kit

Review by Raymond posted 06-26-2011 04:33 AM 1833 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
6 Piece Pneumatic Scraper Kit No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

An odd find that actually works very well is this 6 Piece Pneumatic Scraper Kit i bought it with the idea to use it as a power chisel. I adaped some wood working chisels to work with this. It is very quiet yet has 3500 BPM and an air consumption of 4 cfm at 90. It is a nice compact unit and fits the hand well. I have used it to remove a great deal of wood that with a chisel and hammer would have taken much more time. Other features are built in regulator to vary the amount of force applied. For 22.99 and a 20% off coupon I could not go wrong. I think I did well with my finds I did not get a lemon in the bunch. Time will tell how long they last, but with a 1 year warentee I think I did well.

-- Ray

View Raymond's profile

Raymond

View Bob123's profile

Bob123

#1 posted 06-29-2011 02:33 AM

I have some baseboard in my condo that has a cruddy paint job; the number of layers varies from 10 to 20. I’d like to take off the high points, sand the rest smooth, and then paint. How well can you control this tool and do you think it will work well for evening out un-level paint?

View Bertha's profile

Bertha

#2 posted 06-29-2011 02:49 AM

Yeah, I’m of the opinion that if a $20 pneumatic tools lasts a year, you did very well. That being said, I’ve had some $10 pneumatic tools now for almost 10 years. I looked at this as a scaler. It never occurred to me to put a chisel in it. I might throw a gouge in one. Thanks!

View Raymond's profile

Raymond

#3 posted 06-29-2011 03:39 PM

Hi Bob, not sure how it would work on paint. Control is very easy. Just have some reservations on leveling out paint. It might gouge the material.

-- Ray

View Bob123's profile

Bob123

#4 posted 06-29-2011 04:30 PM

When I found out it’s sold by Northern Tool my interest dropped; the quality of their products varies a lot. When I went to one of their stores in Madison, WI I could pickup the tools and see how well it was made, online I can’t do that.