1/4" Pistol Grip Screwdriver

Review by Raymond posted 06-26-2011 04:14 AM 1242 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
1/4" Pistol Grip Screwdriver No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

As you can tell I was looking for a few air tools. This little guy is awsome. Tons of torque, drives 3” screws like mad. I can drive about 25 before my compressor kicks in Runs at 4 cfm at 90 psi. Great preformance forward and reverse. The direction selector is conviently located. Again no air fitting included. At 19.99 can’t go wrong, and a one year warentee. Nice fit and finish and great packaging.

-- Ray

View Raymond's profile

Raymond

View RoboKaren's profile

RoboKaren

#1 posted 07-10-2011 06:38 AM

I’ve always been confused about the utility value of this for woodworkers. For guys at an auto shop, I can see that it might be useful since they always have an air line handy and will be screwing / unscrewing things all day.

But I use the drill relatively infrequently in my shop and use my compressor very rarely. It’s so much handier to just grab my 12v cordless impact driver or screwdriver than it would be to get the airline going.

Why not just get a corded drill for a normal workshop if you could deal with a cord (air line) going to it?

Karen

-- Wooof, woooooff, woof!

View bubinga's profile

bubinga

#2 posted 07-10-2011 06:57 AM

Karen

This is just one point , that 20 dollar pneumatic screw gun will probably out last 10 cordless drill drivers

-- E J ------- Always Keep a Firm Grip on Your Tool

View Raymond's profile

Raymond

#3 posted 07-11-2011 04:51 AM

I use air tools alot in my woodworking shop, die grinders, nailers, drills, screwdrivers. I like the fact that they are always charged and ready to go. I also use a Ridgid cordless Lio Drill alot as well. I also think air tools sound cool.

-- Ray

View bubinga's profile

bubinga

#4 posted 07-22-2011 06:30 AM

I am definitely a fan of air tools
I have many air tools in my shop, and love them, and have used many,many, building cars in a automobile factory, over 32 years

-- E J ------- Always Keep a Firm Grip on Your Tool