Olson All Pro Bandsaw Blade

Review by pintodeluxe posted 06-25-2011 05:30 PM 6915 views 0 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Olson All Pro Bandsaw Blade Olson All Pro Bandsaw Blade Olson All Pro Bandsaw Blade Click the pictures to enlarge them

I was beginning to think I would never have much luck resawing on the bandsaw. I had been using Delta blades that were pretty well worn. I wanted a blade that would slice 3/16” veneers that I could plane down to a consistent 1/8” thick for laminating leg stock.
This blade fits the bill. Give the man at your local woodworking store a $20 bill in exchange for the ability to resaw with ease. This is a 3 tpi X 1/2”wide hook blade with a raker set. As such it is very aggressive and cuts quickly. Yet the freshly cut surface only varies by 1/32” or less, and yields uniform thickness stock. The gauge of this blade is .025 and feels notably thicker than my Delta blades. This 93-1/2 ” blade fits Jet, Delta, Craftsman, Grizzly Bandsaws.
It will surely dull quicker than a carbide tipped blade, but this will get me started with resawing.
This is a nice blade at a good price point.

4187 posts in 1905 days

View Delta356's profile

463 posts in 1946 days

#1 posted 06-25-2011 05:43 PM

I was going to go with Highland Woodworking Wood Slicer Blade, but at $35.00 a little over the wallet.
This seems to be a good price.

Thanks, Michael Frey
Portland, OR

View eddy's profile

#2 posted 06-25-2011 05:45 PM

I have been using these for years they are great and you cant beat the price

-- self proclaimed copycat

4187 posts in 1905 days

#3 posted 06-25-2011 05:48 PM

Hey Michael – I see you are in Portland. They carry these at Western Tool Supply on airport way.

View Steven H's profile

Steven H

#4 posted 06-25-2011 06:21 PM

I have used their 3/16 blade and 1/2 blade. The 1/2 blade works great. But their smaller blades seems weaker.

View Tedstor's profile

#5 posted 06-25-2011 06:32 PM

Thanks for the review. I’ve considered buying one of these for my bandsaw, but with limited first-hand accounts of its quality and performance, I have hesitated. After reading this, I think I’ll give them a try.

View kansas's profile

#6 posted 06-26-2011 01:34 PM

I use these also and have been happy, though I don’t think I’ve ever cut a piece I could clean up by only removing 1/32”. That could be due to the saw however, as the saw performance is far worse with any other blades I’ve tried.

View Gene Howe's profile

Gene Howe

#7 posted 06-26-2011 02:35 PM

I resaw a lot of mesquite and have been using a Lenox bi metal 4 TPI 1/2” 72” blade. $24.00 + shipping. My supplier doesn’t stock a 3 TPI in bi metal. Would rather have a 3 TPI.
After your review, I think I’ll try the All Pro.

View mbs's profile

1570 posts in 2032 days

#8 posted 01-03-2013 10:09 PM

I haven’t been happy with Olson BS blades. I’m using Diamond blades now and, for me, they work much much better. I order them from

-- Sorry the reply is so long. I didn't have time to write a short reply.