Olson All Pro Bandsaw Blade

Review by pintodeluxe posted 1110 days ago 4665 views 0 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Olson All Pro Bandsaw Blade Olson All Pro Bandsaw Blade Olson All Pro Bandsaw Blade Click the pictures to enlarge them

I was beginning to think I would never have much luck resawing on the bandsaw. I had been using Delta blades that were pretty well worn. I wanted a blade that would slice 3/16” veneers that I could plane down to a consistent 1/8” thick for laminating leg stock.
This blade fits the bill. Give the man at your local woodworking store a $20 bill in exchange for the ability to resaw with ease. This is a 3 tpi X 1/2”wide hook blade with a raker set. As such it is very aggressive and cuts quickly. Yet the freshly cut surface only varies by 1/32” or less, and yields uniform thickness stock. The gauge of this blade is .025 and feels notably thicker than my Delta blades. This 93-1/2 ” blade fits Jet, Delta, Craftsman, Grizzly Bandsaws.
It will surely dull quicker than a carbide tipped blade, but this will get me started with resawing.
This is a nice blade at a good price point.

View Delta356's profile

Delta356

I was going to go with Highland Woodworking Wood Slicer Blade, but at $35.00 a little over the wallet.
This seems to be a good price.

Thanks, Michael Frey
Portland, OR

FREY WOODWORKING INC.

View eddy's profile

eddy

925 posts in 1947 days

I have been using these for years they are great and you cant beat the price

-- self proclaimed copycat

Hey Michael – I see you are in Portland. They carry these at Western Tool Supply on airport way.
Cheers

View Steven H's profile

Steven H

I have used their 3/16 blade and 1/2 blade. The 1/2 blade works great. But their smaller blades seems weaker.

-- shdesign3.com

View Tedstor's profile

Tedstor

Thanks for the review. I’ve considered buying one of these for my bandsaw, but with limited first-hand accounts of its quality and performance, I have hesitated. After reading this, I think I’ll give them a try.

View kansas's profile

kansas

I use these also and have been happy, though I don’t think I’ve ever cut a piece I could clean up by only removing 1/32”. That could be due to the saw however, as the saw performance is far worse with any other blades I’ve tried.

View Gene Howe's profile

Gene Howe

5247 posts in 2011 days

I resaw a lot of mesquite and have been using a Lenox bi metal 4 TPI 1/2” 72” blade. $24.00 + shipping. My supplier doesn’t stock a 3 TPI in bi metal. Would rather have a 3 TPI.
After your review, I think I’ll try the All Pro.

View mbs's profile

mbs

I haven’t been happy with Olson BS blades. I’m using Diamond blades now and, for me, they work much much better. I order them from buyfromawoodworker.com.

-- Sorry the reply is so long. I didn't have time to write a short reply.