Belt sander

Review by Chipy posted 1117 days ago 1685 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Belt sander No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This is an easy review as I have used this sander for years in cabinet shops but I haven’t got around to buying one for myself. It is one of those tools that you do without but shouldn’t.My wife picked this sander up for my fathers day gift This machine hasn’t changed much in the many years that I have used it witch is a good thing.I like Porter Cable products but not all this sander they got right, right out of the gate.This sander has lots of power,good balance.Loading a new belt and aligning the belt is a breeze!This is a heavy machine. At first it feels clumsy but once you get used to it the weight works in your favor by letting the tool do the work.Because of the weight their is no pressing needed witch keeps the belt from loading up and promotes long tool life.In the 12 plus years I have used this sander not one machine went out for repair and we had 5 of them.The down sides:Dust collection could be better.I never cared for the position of the saw dust exhaust port if the bag gets too full and falls off from the weight the dust will blow right in your face,

It would be niece to connect a vacuum hose up to the sander. I guess it’s possible and I plan to tackle this problem and I will let all you LJ’S know what I come up with.Oh one more thing the 4” model is better yet but it is heavier yet and lends it self more to production work.

View Chipy's profile

Chipy

View Mickey Cassiba's profile

Mickey Cassiba

Nice review, on a handy little tool. My 352 has been my go-to for years. And yes, a vacuum is very handy. Strip the bag off of the tube. Many aftermarket adapters available. It won’t get it all, but it will get a lot.

-- One of these hammers oughta fix that...

View Delta356's profile

Delta356

Great Review, Once again Porter Cable makes a great tool.
Have fun sanding..

Thanks, Michael Frey
Portland, OR

FREY WOODWORKING INC.

View Gene Howe's profile

Gene Howe

5256 posts in 2012 days

Nice review. I agree about the dust port and bag. But, it sure works!
Mine is the 4” model and it’s a beast. I’d rather have the smaller one.

View dennis mitchell's profile

dennis mitchell

My favorite belt sander. Too bad they can’t build one that stands up to semi-annual use. Six sanders in 16 years. is three too many.