The last one you will ever need (or want)

Review by sawblade1 posted 1153 days ago 2767 views 0 times favorited 15 comments Add to Favorites Watch
The last one you will ever need (or want) The last one you will ever need (or want) The last one you will ever need (or want) Click the pictures to enlarge them

Good evening LJ’s,

Last week I ordered and received this gripper Model 200Y, this on the verge of a cabinet job :)
Well friends I put it to the test ripping anything from plywood cabinet sides to face frame materials and it lived up to their claims. the green sticky rubber really grips the wood without sliding and keeping it renewed is simply using denatured Alcohol to clean it. the plate on the bottom assists in helping rip thin stock, remove it with a simple loosening of two wing nuts and you have a push pad for wide stock Remove the right side gripper leg and drop the stabilizer foot on the left and adjust the center leg and rip narrow pieces, I do not condone removing the blade guard but sometimes this is necessary the gripper keeps you safe by keeping you hands well above the blade and out of harms way and the simple fact that you can rip thin strips Up to 1/4’’ with the included leg ( An 1/8” leg is available) is invaluable all in itself. This jig is just not limited to the tablesaw as I have already used it on the jointer, and router table, and can say it was a great experience. Assembly was easy and the manual was clear and concise.
As I close It would be safe to say that if you are serous about woodworking and safety then you really should llok to getting one of these and
When I get the money up I will be purchasing a second one

-- Proverbs Ch:3 vs 5,6,7 Trust in the lord with all thine heart and lean not unto your own understanding but in all your ways aknowledge him and he shall direct your path elmerthomas81@neo.rr.com

View sawblade1's profile

from
who

View Beginningwoodworker's profile

Beginningwoodworker

I heard of lot good things about those, thanks for the review.

-- CJIII Future cabinetmaker

View smitty22's profile

smitty22

Rockler, Peachtree, several others listed on Amazon.com, about $70 for the GR200 model shown.
Also the woodwhisperer has a good video the product

-- Smitty

View Dave's profile

Dave

Safety is the big feature and ripping narrow strips. Great buy..

-- Superdav "No matter where you go - there you are." http://chiselandforge.com

View Todd A. Clippinger's profile

Todd A. Clippinger

I have had 2 GRR-Rippers for several years and love them. While looking at purchasing one I realized that I feed hand over hand and so I would need 2. A bit pricey but worth it.

Glad to hear you like yours too!

-- Todd A. Clippinger, Montana, http://americancraftsmanworkshop.com

View lysdexic's profile

lysdexic

I bought a set of 2 at woodworking show in NC last fall.. I really like them as well. But since I am a beginner, I’ve never really had much experience with traditional push sticks.

+1 on the Woodwhisperer video. My set also came with a instructional DVD.

It is a small company based in California I believe. The owners son was the pitch man at the show. Made in USA.

-- It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe. - Muhammad Ali

View Schummie's profile

Schummie

I have the GRR-Ripper for many years and it is for me a very important tool,
it gives me a feeling a safety.
When I use my table saw I always use my GRR-Ripper.
If you have the money, buy this thing, it’s really great.

Henrie.

-- Greetings from the Netherlands.

View sedcokid's profile

sedcokid

I had the GRRR-Ripper for several years and always use this device on my Table saw and my jointer. It is one of the better investments I have made. Shop safety is very important to me and try to always think and act safely.

Thanks for sharing!!

-- Chuck Emery, Michigan,

View dedalo's profile

dedalo

I have one too and love it! I’m going to buy the splitters now.

-- http://carpinteriaenargentina.blogspot.com

View mafe's profile

mafe

Interesting.
But I doubt we will see this in DK…
Best thoughts,
Mads

View thirdrail's profile

thirdrail

I too started with one and quickly saw the need for two to do hand over hand for ripping. I’ve been using table saws for over 30 years and feel a lot safer with these.

-- Third rail

View knotscott's profile

knotscott

5369 posts in 1974 days

I’ve had one for a few years now and really like it. I usually use just the basic push block without the attachments.

View Uncle_Salty's profile

Uncle_Salty

Bought one at “The Woodworking Shows” a couple of years ago. I really like it when I am cutting dados/rabbets on the TS. Pretty good on the jointer and when I am routing smaller items on the router table.

View TechRedneck's profile

TechRedneck

Bought one on sale at WC, I don’t use it for longer stock but always grab it with the smaller stock less than two feet or so.

We all know when we want to rip/rout or joint the smaller pieces and that little dude on your shoulder whispers in your ear… “this cut could kick back/twist or slip… be careful !”

In my opinion, this is where this tool shines and I highly recommend it. I may buy another (on sale of course).

-- Mike.... West Virginia. "Man is a tool using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all.". T Carlyle