Good stand with innovative features.

Review by kshipp posted 2372 days ago 1111 views 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
Good stand with innovative features. Good stand with innovative features. Good stand with innovative features. Click the pictures to enlarge them

This is a very versatile stand for the price. My previous stand was basically a metal tee that tipped easily and had some cheap plastic for rollers.

This stand is heavy enough (and has a wide-enough stance) to not tip over but is still easy to store and move. For storage it folds flat and can hang on the wall.

The height is adjustable from 27” to 44” and there is a positive stop at the top so you don’t have to worry about lifting it right out of the tube. The locking mechanism holds tight without much pressure.

Two neat features I haven’t seen on other stands are the stops at the end of the roller and the wobble adjustment. The stop rotate out of the way for larger pieces or rotate up to capture smaller work. The wobble feature is great when you aren’t on a nice concrete floor and basically allows this to be as stable as a 3-legged design.

I would have gave this five stars if it has the uni-directional rollers but those are on the next model up.

I would recommend this stand for an out feed support or extension wings. It lists for $20 on the Sears website and is often on sale.

-- Kyle Shipp, http://battleshipp.blogspot.com

View kshipp's profile

kshipp

1 comment so far

View runngt's profile

runngt

I agree, great stand for the price (I paid $0, friend gave to me when I first started out) but I will be picking up another now that my projects have grown to need them. Easy to set up and knock down for storage!

-- It seem's I just make scrap wood and saw dust most of the time !