Not only for wood and leather.

Review by Dedvw posted 05-15-2011 03:29 AM 1353 views 1 time favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Not only for wood and leather. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I found a can of this at a local salvage shop near my house and decided to give it a try. It says it contains Turpentine, vegetable, and wax preservative that help restore wood, leather and metal. I used some on a pine foot stool I made and wow, it looked like I gave it a fresh coat of finish. I decided to see what it could do for my band saw and jointer table to prevent rust and I think it did even a better job on that. It dries to a thin but hard film that helps protect wood as it claims, but the good part about the cast iron protection is that doesn’t come off on the pieces your cutting.

It was half the cost, spreads thinner, dries harder, and lasts longer than Butchers Wax. I went back and picked up two more cans. Taking only a Lima Bean sized drop to protect my band saw table, I’m thinking that should last me at least 5 -10 years.

View Dedvw's profile

Dedvw

View Wolffarmer's profile

Wolffarmer

393 posts in 1924 days

#1 posted 05-15-2011 04:10 PM

Cool beans Dedvw

Looks like Ace hardware caries it. now to see if my two local ones has it.

Randy

-- That was not wormy wood when I started working on it.

View Dedvw's profile

Dedvw

#2 posted 05-19-2011 12:31 AM

I look forward to hearing what you think of the stuff.