Customer Service

Review by FMG posted 05-12-2011 05:08 PM 1741 views 0 times favorited 11 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Customer Service No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I always liked wood magazine and the layout, projects, and articles. I just bought the new special interest “outdoor projects” copy with a garden bench on the front. Long story short the bench was not in there…. Disappointed I emailed their editor and got a response in about 15 min with an apology for the mistake and a free download of the plans for the bench. Great customer service and I think it made my decision to subscribe.
FMG

-- FMG- Woodworking is 90% mental the other half is physical

View FMG's profile

FMG

65 posts in 2029 days

View Bertha's profile

Bertha

#1 posted 05-12-2011 06:14 PM

Thanks for sharing this. It’s nice to hear of GOOD customer service and it’s easier NOT to post. I’m glad you did.

View jeff's profile

jeff

#2 posted 05-12-2011 06:32 PM

good to hear…

-- Jeff,Tucson,Az.

View chodgson's profile

chodgson

#3 posted 05-13-2011 12:36 AM

Wow major boo-boo with the cover piece not being in the book! But a nice recovery with the free download.

View reggiek's profile

reggiek

2240 posts in 2018 days

#4 posted 05-13-2011 02:20 AM

Interesting that they did not catch that. Sounds like they are concerned with keeping their subscribers/customers satisfied though….Glad to hear it….I just renewed my subscription last month.

-- Woodworking.....My small slice of heaven!

View Mike's profile

Mike

#5 posted 05-13-2011 02:53 AM

Allot of their writers are on the wood mag forum and are a great bunch of guys to talk with. I always like going into the store to get a copy. Seems more special when I see it on the shelf.

-- look Ma! I still got all eleven of my fingers! - http://www.termitecrafts.com

View Dedvw's profile

Dedvw

#6 posted 05-14-2011 01:52 AM

That is good to hear, Wood Mag is one of my favorite magazine subscriptions.

View depictureboy's profile

depictureboy

#7 posted 05-14-2011 10:00 PM

it is because of Jeff Mertz’s gun cabinet/display case that I have become so interested in woodworking, it showed me that I could really make nice items…

-- If you can't build it, code it. If you can't code it, build it. But always ALWAYS take a picture.

View bubinga's profile

bubinga

#8 posted 05-16-2011 06:55 AM

Great Magazine ,I have been there since issue #1

-- E J ------- Always Keep a Firm Grip on Your Tool

View Howie's profile

Howie

#9 posted 05-16-2011 02:38 PM

I get Wood and have been very satisfied with it even though they send me a renewal every month and I’m paid up until 2014!
Has it occurred to anyone that they may have intentionally left that piece out so that you would visit their website? Yeah I know,paranoid, but I’m suspicious of everything nowadays.

-- Life is good.

View Grandpa's profile

Grandpa

#10 posted 05-16-2011 04:14 PM

Howie,
Most of the time the renewal comapny is a third party that gets part of the proceeds for getting you to renew early. If you are wondering if the renewal notice is from wood or someone else, just pick up the phone and call them toll free (Wood I mean). They will tell you. I made that mistake once too.

View Howie's profile

Howie

#11 posted 05-17-2011 12:55 AM

I know what you are saying Grandpa but I pay my bills on time and I really resent getting “2nd notice” or “final notice” in the mail. when it’s paid up. I don’t care where it’s from it looks bad.

-- Life is good.