Crescent Brand Slide Adjustable Wrench

Review by David Grimes posted 05-12-2011 07:06 AM 1976 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Crescent Brand Slide Adjustable Wrench Crescent Brand Slide Adjustable Wrench No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Yes, we are wood workers. But, we all have tools to assemble and maintain our woodworking tools. I came across this recently and (being a tool and gizmo junky) decided to give it a try. It works great at doing what it is supposed to do, but the speed is the real plus since you place it over the nut (or whatever) and just immediately have a perfect fit. It’s heavy and name brand, so i expect i’ll have it as long as I can keep track of it.

I gave it four stars because I wish it had the slide on both sides (not a big deal but it would be better) and t only comes in this one medium size. i guess I’m penalizing it a star because I wish they made the little and bigger brother to it. I’d love to have a set.

I used it today to fix a leaking air quick-connect that needed another couple of rounds of teflon tape.

i recommend this tool. I would buy another if I lost this one.

View David Grimes's profile

David Grimes

2072 posts in 1297 days

View racerglen's profile

racerglen

#1 posted 05-12-2011 12:46 PM

Picked one up last year, clearance fer petes sake at home depot ! I like it too, but find it can stick a bit once you’ve snugged it to whatever
you’re working on..maybe using it more will cure that.. You can never have too many Saskatchewan socket sets !

-- Glen, Vernon B.C. Canada

View christopheralan's profile

christopheralan

#2 posted 05-12-2011 02:01 PM

Cool! thanks for the review!

-- christopheralan http://www.projectwoodworks.com

View Jack_T's profile

Jack_T

#3 posted 05-13-2011 02:40 PM

Before today I had never seen this before. An improvement to the venerable Crescent wrench. Certainly should be faster than spinning the old wheel. Thanks for the review. I will keep my out for it.

-- Jack T, John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life."