The New Traditional Woodworker

Review by gardentiger posted 1075 days ago 2220 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
The New Traditional Woodworker No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I fancy myself as a hand tool woodworker until I start to sweat. Theorizing and reading are much more friendly to the knuckles. Lots of tools techniques and individual shop projects in this book. I’m guessing if you work your way through the projects you’ll emerge on the other side as a good hand tool neanderthal. Cool projects consist of straight edge, winding sticks, several types of bench hooks, etc. Only lacking a mock up of the tower of babel. I’ll talk to Jim later about that.

View gardentiger's profile

gardentiger

View Tedstor's profile

Tedstor

I just read Tolpin’s table saw book. A great read from a great author. I’ll make it a point to read this one too.

View WoodworkGuy's profile

WoodworkGuy

I have read several of Jim’s books. I particularly like “Measure Twice, Cut Once,” “Working Wood a complete bench-top resource” and “Jim Tolpin’s Woodworking: Wit & Wisdom.” I’ve been reading “The New Traditional Woodworker” and am looking forward to incorporating more hand tools into my woodworking. I guess I’m a neanderthal in training…

-- Making sawdust and memories through woodworking.

View WayneC's profile

WayneC

11996 posts in 2599 days

This a great book. I pre-ordered a copy and it did not dissapoint.

-- We must guard our enthusiasm as we would our life - James Krenov

View Tim Kindrick's profile

Tim Kindrick

I haven’t read this book yet but Jim Tolpin is one of my favorite woodworking authors. “Wit & Wisdom” is both informative and hilarious!!!!!

-- I have metal in my neck but wood in my blood!!