Don't buy forstner bits individually.

Review by kshipp posted 2324 days ago 1679 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Don't buy forstner bits individually. Don't buy forstner bits individually. No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Got this twelve piece set about a year ago and they are great bits. To be fair I have never used other forstner bits but I have not complaints about these.

The hex-shaped shank is very nice for a no-slip fit in the chuck. I can imagine there is a lot of torque on a 2” forstner bit so that hex-shape will help tremendously.

They cut a very clean hole with a flat bottom except for the small point in the center. I would estimate is about a 1/16” of an inch.

I have even used these to cut an angled hole on my drill press and they cut very well even when all the teeth are not engaging the work piece at the same time.

These are $45 right now in the Lumberjock store and that is a great deal if you have priced individual bits.

-- Kyle Shipp, http://battleshipp.blogspot.com

View kshipp's profile

kshipp

View Chris 's profile

Chris

I too have this set. They have performed very well in many different kinds of wood, Hard & Soft.

View Eric's profile

Eric

Thanks for the tip. They look like they’d work well in my bit brace. If I win the $29, maybe I’ll go for these!

-- Eric at http://adventuresinwoodworking.com