Central Machinery Mobile Base

Review by gardentiger posted 05-09-2011 10:57 PM 1739 views 0 times favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Central Machinery Mobile Base No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Excellent base for your lighter machines. Not a cinch to put together but not bad either. Can’t find much I don’t like about it. Gave it four stars so as not to be accused unpatriotic. Buy USA product until you can’t afford them anymore.

View gardentiger's profile

gardentiger

View David Grimes's profile

David Grimes

2072 posts in 1293 days

#1 posted 05-09-2011 11:58 PM

Run, Forrest, run !!!

I could use a couple of these, but they look like a trip hazard. Any problems along those lines ?

#2 posted 05-10-2011 01:22 AM

I have 2 of them. one under my band saw, one under my drill press. They work fine, You’d have to try to trip over them…

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

View woodworkerscott's profile

woodworkerscott

#3 posted 05-10-2011 04:36 AM

I, too, have one under my bandsaw and drill press. I think they are great and a steal for the cost. I would buy this before spending the bucks for the over priced name brands. I plan on buying more.

-- " 'woodworker'.....it's a good word, an honest word." - Sam Maloof

View gardentiger's profile

gardentiger

#4 posted 05-10-2011 07:53 PM

David,
My shop is a tripping hazzard as is. Trying to organize. The HF base is the least of my tripping problems.

View nobuckle's profile

nobuckle

#5 posted 05-13-2011 02:24 PM

I have one under my jointer and it works out pretty good. I’ll agree that it is not the easy thing to put together but it is not that bad either. For the money I would definately get another one.

-- Doug - Make an effort to live by the slogan "We try harder"

View christopheralan's profile

christopheralan

#6 posted 05-13-2011 02:53 PM

Nice. I didn’t know HF had these. Thanks for posting.

-- christopheralan http://www.projectwoodworks.com

View jonnybone's profile

jonnybone

#7 posted 05-15-2011 02:08 AM

David,
My shop is a tripping hazzard as is.”

HAAAAA! well put man!

-- Everyday Woodworking is saving my life.

View thirdrail's profile

thirdrail

#8 posted 05-15-2011 07:05 PM

Except for being four bolts short, this is a great kit. I cut down a really dense, straight grain Douglas Fir 2×4 for the stringers and there is no deflection Works great under my table saw.

-- Third rail

View hcmthree's profile

hcmthree

#9 posted 05-18-2011 11:15 PM

I have three of these in my shop. They do okay for lighter tools (portable planer on stand, small grizzly drum sander), but the small plastic caster wheels will not budge over even small amounts of sawdust if they are carrying much weight. I can hardly move my shopfox bandsaw using this base. But, for the price, they are hard to beat.