Great Router Table You Can Grow Into!

Review by Hawgnutz posted 02-29-2008 11:07 PM 3981 views 2 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great Router Table You Can Grow Into! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

One of the great attributes of this router table over many others, is the availablity of quality accessories at a reasonable cost. Rockler stocks a complete line of accessories for their table, including the Incra precision router fence. The Incra fence is one of the primary reasons I chose the Rockler table. It goes on easy and was designed fror this particular table top.

This table top comes with an insert of 1/4” aluminum pre-drilled for many different routers. If your router is not included you can get a blank plate that you can drill to fit yours. It also comes with a bit guard and fully adjustale fences. The fences are attached to a precise aluminum fame that is machined and flat to within .010” tolerance for precise and exact cuts. Rockler also offers many different leg options, but with the table’s MDF base, it is easy to make your own case and/or under-table dust collection. The under-table dust collection is my next rpoject for this fine table.

This router table is a real hum dinger! I am sure you will enjoy it if you decide on it.

God Bless,
Hawg

-- Saving barnwood from the scrapyards

View Hawgnutz's profile

Hawgnutz

View Chris 's profile

Chris

#1 posted 02-29-2008 11:36 PM

I have had one of these tables for about 4 years. It has held up wonderfully. I built my own cabinet/stand for it and added the tall fences that are an option from Rockler. Great product

View RickH's profile

RickH

#2 posted 02-29-2008 11:45 PM

I have owned this table for several years, as well as an Incra – Table saw left-side router table top. While this Rockler is well made, and I like the ease of using it’s adjustable fence, the one problem I found with it is that the aluminum plate insert is not a standard size. It is smaller than standard and fits no other table. The Incra insert is of std dimensions, so I can interchange several other pre-mounted routers / inserts very quickly. This becomes more of an issue if you want to go to one of the adjustable router-lift inserts – because all I have seen are only made to the larger, standard size.

-- Rick - OC, CA

View PeteJacobsen's profile

PeteJacobsen

#3 posted 03-09-2008 04:48 AM

I got this table recently to go with my Freud 1700 router. I had to wait a week for the store to get the correct insert, and was rather miffed when I discovered that the insert had one hole drilled undersized, and another hole missing completely. I live a decent drive from the Rockler store, so I drilled it out myself, but thought I’d mention the problem. I emailed to Rockler’s customer service, and they said their engineers were working on a redesign to match Freud’s changes… but I don’t believe the router has been changed.

Having said all that, the combination of this table with the Freud, which has all controls available through the base and comes with the necessary knob, is a delight to use! I also made my own base – just wish I’d had a router table to help make the base! <grin>

-- At war with my faults, at peace with my neighbors

View Marge's profile

Marge

#4 posted 03-10-2008 04:21 AM

I purchased this table as a christmas present to myself. Built a cabinet to mount it on and mounted a Freud 2200 router in the table. The store did not have the oversized plate in stock for the Freud router had to special order – took about a week, but that gave me time to build the cabinet. The table has been great, I used a couple of shims from my dado blade set to use the router as an edge jointer, was quick and easy with the split fence.

-- Marge, Colorado

View Denappy's profile

Denappy

#5 posted 05-02-2008 04:56 AM

Looking at this table as a possible for my router (Triton 2 1/4hp), but do not see anywhere if one of the existing plates will work or if I need to go with just the blank plate and drill it out?

-- -=Den

View Hawgnutz's profile

Hawgnutz

#6 posted 05-02-2008 06:29 AM

Nope, i don’t see any plates offered for the Triton, but they offer a blank plate you can drill out for your router. But you will have to drill any plate out to use the above-table bit change. I wish I had waited to buy anotether router. I would buy the Triton, today. i think you will like the combination. (Also, Rockler offers a lpate for those bigger, heavier routers, too. Also, check Craigslist or Ebay. I found my table on ebay, but I had to pick it up in Phoenix, about 300 miles away.

Good luck.
God Bless,
Hawg

-- Saving barnwood from the scrapyards

View Sirgreggins's profile

Sirgreggins

#7 posted 08-14-2012 02:49 PM

Does this come with anything to offset the fence so it can be used as a vertical jointer?