JessEm Router Lift II

Review by plantek posted 1170 days ago 5047 views 1 time favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
JessEm Router Lift II JessEm Router Lift II No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I had been shopping around for a router lift for some time now and would drop when seeing the prices. Then I came across this: http://www.jessem.com/Router_Lift_II.html . I’ve had it for a couple months now and have been able to give a good once over. It is my first and only router lift I have ever used so I cannot compare it to another (hence the 4 stars). But I can say it is fantastic. It has changed my whole table router world for the better.
Being in the metal fab business for the length of time that I was, I can say this is very well made and sturdy.
They have a few different models available. The model I bought starts at half the cost of the other brands I was seeing.
If your looking for a lift this is well worth the consideration…

-- If you want it and it's within reason... It's on it's way!

View plantek's profile

plantek

View BilltheDiver's profile

BilltheDiver

I agree! I mounted mine in my tablesaw wing and it has entirely changed my router table work. I can work more accurately and setup much more quickly and easily. It really makes the router table more versatile.

-- "Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

View Billp's profile

Billp

I just put mine in yesterday, it works great and for around $150.00 you can’t beat it. I just installed a Incra LS Positioner a couple of weeks ago. The combination of the two really makes you feel like finally you have control.

-- Billp

View Ritty's profile

Ritty

i have a porter cable 691 its only a 13/4 hosre do u think it woulfd work with that type of router? ive also been looking for one and this would be great and thx for the post

View plantek's profile

plantek

Ritty,
I have a Porter Cable 690 in mine and it works great!!!

-- If you want it and it's within reason... It's on it's way!

View richgreer's profile

richgreer

I’m one of those who didn’t think he would ever want or need a router lift – - until I bought one. It gives you such precise control. Raising or lowering the bit 1/1000” or less is doable and that is just what you need sometimes. Like Billp I use it with the Incra LS positioning system for the ultimate in precise control.

I can’t speak about the JessEm since I own a Woodpecker. However, I write to endorse the general concept of using a router lift.

View reggiek's profile

reggiek

I have 2 router tables….one I built and one that is a TS extension. I have this lift on my shop built table – it is an offset Incra table with the Incra LS router positioner and jig fence (great tool by the way – there are several reviews of the system on LJ’s – so I won’t go any deeper into it).

The TS extension table is from MLCS and will have a motor lift as soon as they ship me one – around May 17th (I was one of the first that went on backorder for the motor lifts). I have some friends that already have the motor lifts and they are really jazzed….they make great mortisers and are really easy to do stopped profiles and Dados on the router.

The only complaint I have against this Jessem lift is that the tool for removing the insert plates….the Y shaped tool….is a micron too wide and you have to wiggle and jack around to get it into the holes for mounting the plates…..this is a minor irritation but one nonetheless.

-- Woodworking.....My small slice of heaven!

View Ritty's profile

Ritty

ok thx plantek i thought that maybe the size of the moter were different

View TheHarr's profile

TheHarr

I picked up the same router lift over 2 years ago and finally made my router table. I like everything about it, especially the price. Here is a link to my blog showing the construction of the router table (part 1) and the adjustable fence (part 2).

-- The wood is good.