Makita LXT211 combo

Review by harvey4804 posted 04-25-2011 05:56 AM 3300 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Makita LXT211 combo No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I haven’t been able to use the drill as much as the driver but I can definitely say that I’m very happy with this set! The impact driver takes NO effort to operate and the size and weight are a HUGE improvement over my standard Ni-Cad DeWalt! The ergonomics are perfect! The belt clip comes in very handy and you can flip the clip to the correct side for normal left-handed people ;) Heck, the charger itself is very impressive! 1hr charge time, cooling fan, maintenance mode, etc.
I originally wanted the Milwaukee set however, after confusing employees at HD I ended up getting the Makita set with a $50 discount :) and I’m very happy I did!

-- Ryan, FRMR HMM165 - HMX1 01-10

View harvey4804's profile

harvey4804

View AttainableApex's profile

AttainableApex

#1 posted 04-25-2011 06:47 AM

ya im pretty much the same as the reviewer
i love these.
one thing i found especially great is actually the light.
all the other ones have the light turn on when the trigger is depressed, this one stays on for a little bit after.
i thought the light was a useless feature on every other drill i used, not this one.
ya love these and i want to right more but can’t right now.
o ya you can even change the beep on the charger to a few different songs that are already on it. which is pretty cool.

-- Ben L

View Sarit's profile

Sarit

#2 posted 04-26-2011 07:15 AM

I love this set too. One charge seems to last forever.
I wish the drill could run a bit faster on high gear. I always revert to my corded drill for kreg pocket holes.
Other than that, it is great.

View idunno's profile

idunno

#3 posted 04-26-2011 02:19 PM

I got this set a couple weeks ago, to use on the construction of my new basement shop. I haven’t had a chance to use the hammer drill yet, but the driver is fantastic. Another vote here for the slow-fadeout light. And I agree, the battery does seem to last forever—at least compared to my old Panasonic 15.6 Ni-MH.

View MikeGo's profile

MikeGo

#4 posted 10-19-2011 02:42 AM

Just got mine tonight from Home Depot there price was $279 and I found it on line for $219 and they let me have it for that price. Seems to be built just right for me.

-- Mike, Marietta,ny