Big improvement ends being PURE GARBAGE!!!

Review by Carpintonto posted 04-22-2011 06:52 PM 6731 views 0 times favorited 41 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Big improvement ends being PURE GARBAGE!!! Big improvement ends being PURE GARBAGE!!! Big improvement ends being PURE GARBAGE!!! Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’ve purchased this saw ‘cause I owned the past model. It was supposed to be a big improvement. Surprise!!!, the main table was broken at the back, right where the Allen screw holds the saw’s main axle!!!. I’ve sent it to the service center and they kindly replaced the table at no cost…’cause the saw was under warranty still. I’ve seen the saw had a problem. It wouldn’t stay vertical, I mean it wasn’t cross cutting vertical, there was at least 2 degrees off to the left because of a play on the main axle. I ask the service technician to check that out and fix it and his answer was Ah!, There’s nothing perfect. I contacted Bosch USA and Bosch Canada after I’ve realized that the same saw in all stores has the same problem!. The ANSWER was…Ah!, this a portable saw!!!. They promise getting back to me with a solution and is over a month and I have no news!. SORRY!!!, I own lots of Bosch tools and I’ve never had any problems with them, and to me, this “BREAK THROUGH ” end it being PURE GARBAGE!!!. Please check the vertical and the play in it before you buy this saw!!!, I do not want you to invest $ 800.00 Canadian Dollars for this bad tool.

View Carpintonto's profile

Carpintonto

View EEngineer's profile

EEngineer

#1 posted 04-22-2011 07:01 PM

Ah, I see the problem!

You thought the “big improvement” was for the customer, in the way the saw performed.

No, the “big improvement” was in the company’s profits (no, not really, just the CEO’s paycheck) as they move their line to low-cost, low-quality Chinese factories.

-- "Find out what you cannot do and then go do it!"

View NBeener's profile

NBeener

#2 posted 04-22-2011 07:09 PM

Wow. I’m really sorry. That has to be HUGELY disappointing and frustrating.

I mean …. the thing won’t do the main thing it was built to do. That’s pretty bad.

-- -- Neil

View devann's profile

devann

#3 posted 04-22-2011 07:27 PM

Man, what a bummer. After you pay good money, you should expect to get a good saw. After buying quality tools from the same manufacture I expect them to keep it that way. I use a different brand and so far, so good. But I would certainly be disappointed if I encoutered the same situation

-- Darrell, making more sawdust than I know what to do with

View Dennisgrosen's profile

Dennisgrosen

#4 posted 04-22-2011 08:04 PM

if that is all they can say …..what a big BUMMER from BOSCH
they shuold have recall all of them back until they have found the solution
and fixed it
I gess the isue is the same on the europe modells :-(

thank´s for bringing it up

Dennis

View Routerisstillmyname's profile

Routerisstillmyname

#5 posted 04-22-2011 08:23 PM

Take it back get your cash back. shouldn’t have to put up with this kind of quality at these prices.

-- Router è ancora il mio nome.

View Greg..the Cajun  Box Sculptor's profile

Greg..the Cajun Box Sculptor

5142 posts in 1976 days

#6 posted 04-22-2011 09:43 PM

I have the old model bosch 10” slider and it is flawless and I love it. It is obvious they have not found all the bugs in it and it is bad that you had to be a guinea pig. I agree, take it back and be the squeaky wheel until you get your money back.

View nobuckle's profile

nobuckle

#7 posted 04-23-2011 12:04 AM

Bosch must not realize how much influence you as a consumer can have. How many people, around the world, do suppose will read this review? Hundreds? Thousands? Multiply that number by $800.00 and you have the amount of money that Bosch could potentially loose in sales. I, for one, am less convinced that this saw would be a good deal for me. What a shame. You buy a saw that boasts about its accuracy only to realize that can be used for little more than the rough carpentry. Looks like I’ll be saving for the Festool.

-- Doug - Make an effort to live by the slogan "We try harder"

View ellen35's profile

ellen35

2572 posts in 2099 days

#8 posted 04-23-2011 12:16 AM

I bought this saw in January and I really like it. I had a small problem with one of the fences but Bosch tech service was great about helping out. So far, it is dead on with regard to cutting. I’m sorry you had a problem… Is it worth getting a whole new one… Maybe you got a lemon.

-- "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." Voltaire

View Boneski's profile

Boneski

#9 posted 04-23-2011 02:49 AM

Man that’s a bad deal.
I’ve had a very similar experience with a peice of machinery that was clearly faulty out of the box.
Instead of fixing the problem the supplier said “Everything is within tolerance”, to which I said “give me my money back and keep your peice of sh!t”.
I suggest you do the same….

-- Blinded by brilliance

View Steven H's profile

Steven H

#10 posted 04-23-2011 02:54 AM

Did you buy a reconditioned tool?

View Jim Bertelson's profile

Jim Bertelson

#11 posted 04-23-2011 05:37 AM

I always pay attention to reviews of products that are bad….....but…..........I still don’t understand if this was a used or reconditioned saw. It doesn’t sound like it is new. In order for the rest of us to evaluate your review, we need to know the circumstances of the sale.

Thanks in advance, and hope you get things fixed…......

-- Jim, Anchorage Alaska

View Paul's profile

Paul

#12 posted 04-23-2011 08:54 AM

He stated he paid 800 dollars for the saw. is that the price of a new one?

View Craftsman on the lake's profile

Craftsman on the lake

#13 posted 04-23-2011 10:34 AM

Must be new. At that price and the fact that they are so new. I must not be reconditioned. Bosch has been my new favorite tool company. I’ve purchased a few of their tools when replacing old ones. Router, jigsaw, sander, and I own their 12” sliding miter. Very satisfied. They should rework this saw as it’s going to give a previously good company a bad name.

View jcees's profile

jcees

#14 posted 04-23-2011 04:17 PM

This is the SAME REASON I never buy the first gen of ANYTHING!!! I’m sure Bosch will make amends and improvements or otherwise you’ll be the proud owner of a grandiose if ill fated experiment in innovation. I believe they will get in right. Sounds like mfrg problems in China. They’ll sort it out after a few summary executions…. but I digress.

always,
J.C.

-- When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. -- John Muir

View cabs4less's profile

cabs4less

#15 posted 04-23-2011 09:40 PM

Thats why i dont buy bosch but tell you something else i just read a review by a woodworking mag that praised the saw so either they got sent a special one or they are not doing theyre jobs and actually reveiwing tools

-- As Best I Can