Compact driver with power to spare!

Review by Hawgnutz posted 2244 days ago 1317 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Compact driver with power to spare! Compact driver with power to spare! No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Don’t let its dinminuitive size fool you, this driver is packed to work! It has become my go-to driver for most of my screw driving needs! It comes with a compact charger, but you won’t need this too often. This really holds its charge! Its lithium ion technology keeps it fully charged in my drawer until I need it, although you can leave it in its compact charging crale without harm. It comes with about 30 bits with an extension bar, all in rubber holders.

The direction switch is located on top, back of the handle for an intuitive feel. This has some deign flaws, though. The major one is it has no clutch, so you risk stripping a screw head. The other one is that the piece that supports the weight of the driver in the charging cradle is poorly deigned, with two clips that will
come loose all too often. I reinforced mine with duct tape after I took these pictures.

Its relatively expensive cost ($40) was made more attractiv with the inclusion of a free buddy flight that my wife and I used to visit my father in Florida. Although it is a slow driver, it torque works especially good for pocket hole screws.

God Bless,
Hawg

-- Saving barnwood from the scrapyards

View Hawgnutz's profile

Hawgnutz

View sIKE's profile

sIKE

I have one of these also. I really like this little guy, though he will not drive anything longer than a #8 – 1 1/2 screw. It fits very nicely in my mid-sided hand, though I do find that it is overly easy to hit the direction switch…..but it charges quickly and works very well.

-- //FC - Round Rock, TX - "Experience is what you get just after you need it"

View PeteJacobsen's profile

PeteJacobsen

This guy didn’t work well for me. I eventually gave it to a friend and am hunting for a replacement. Partly my fault – it seems too small for my hand and hence a bit uncomfortable (I should have paid more attention to that before I bought it). It also seemed not to have as much torque as I need most of the time. The person I gave it to is quite happy with it, however, so it is only that it wasn’t a match for me.

-- At war with my faults, at peace with my neighbors