4 1/2" Blade for PC 314 Trim Saw

Review by pjones46 posted 04-02-2011 08:14 AM 2808 views 1 time favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
4 1/2" Blade for PC 314 Trim Saw No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Recently I needed a new blade for my 314 trim saw to cut 1/2 and 3/4 Birch Ply. I did some research and all of my sources implied that I should look for a thin kerf blade. Having tried many top rated blades from manufactures you all know and love I choose the Tenryu PT-11536 4-1/2” Carbide Tipped Saw Blade ( 36 Tooth ATAF Grind – 3/8” Arbor.

Power Tool Blade

The manufacturer claimed that the blade was “For clean and easy trim work on the Porter Cable trim saw”,
and they were not kidding. This blade cut through 1/2 and 3/4 Birch ply as if it were butter leaving a cut that I have only seen from an 80-100 tooth blade on a table saw.

I had taken off a little used Freud blade for which I had paid lots of money and replaced it with the Tenryu blade. In the practice cuts that I made with the Tenryu blade I noticed first that the saw seemed to have more power as it did not bog down during the cut and then the cuts were almose shinny with none of tear out experienced with the Freud blade. On my final cuts I did tape the cut line just to make sure and still no tear out along the cut line.

With all of the cuts that I made to complete the project the blade still cuts like it did with the first cut.

I got mine from Amazon but I’m sure there are other sources. I would highly recommend that you try this blade for you trim saw.

-- God is great, the Beer is good and people are Crazy. www.pauljoneswoodworks.com

View pjones46's profile

thanks for the tip.

View davidroberts's profile

davidroberts

#2 posted 04-03-2011 01:19 AM

Thanks. I have the 314 PC and have only used the standrd PC replacement blades. Not a bad blade but good to know there is a choice.