Sometimes, Smaller is Better!

Review by Hawgnutz posted 2335 days ago 1686 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Sometimes, Smaller is Better! Sometimes, Smaller is Better! No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I don’t cut crown molding or much of anything with my miter saw except picture frames. I also have to use a crutch to walk, so any tool I can carry with one hand is attractive to me. I do most of my cutting outside, so this “little” miter saw, that can be easily carried with one hand, is great!

I sold my 10” miter saw because it was so hard for me to carry that I just got tired of using it. This Craftsman only weighs about 16 pounds and has a carrying handle under the dust extraction chute. This one fits my needs much better. It cuts cleanly with the stock 40-tooth blade, and with 7 1/4” being a common size, finding replacement blades will be easy.

UI don’t usually buy Craftsman power tools, as their quality has been compromised, the last few years. But ai got this miter saw for only $49, on sale, so it won’t hurt too bad if it goes south, which i expect it to do right around 13 months of ownership! LOL

All-in-all, I am pleased with this tool. It is a good deal on sale!

God Bless,
Hawg

-- Saving barnwood from the scrapyards

View Hawgnutz's profile

Hawgnutz

View grovemadman's profile

grovemadman

Thanks for the review, I had been loking at one of those for jobsite travel. I don’t need a great big saw just a good non-ferrous metal blade to cut aluminum extrusions. And I don’t want to have to haul a big bulky saw for just a few cuts. I’ll make sure mine mysteriously breaks just before the warranty is up!!!!

-- --Chuck

View rikkor's profile

rikkor

I have the Craftsman 10” and I am glad I don’t have to move it.

View Patrick's work shop's profile

Patrick's work shop

I have this saw its a great

-- Patrick's work shop

View Patrick's work shop's profile

Patrick's work shop

I have this saw its a great tool to have I put a zero clearance insert on it and a larger fence and hooked up the shop vac to it now it’s my go to saw .

-- Patrick's work shop