Incra Miter Express / Miter 1000SE - VIDEO

Review by mot posted 01-13-2008 05:29 PM 12396 views 1 time favorited 15 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Incra Miter Express / Miter 1000SE - VIDEO No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I wanted to add to the mitre gauge posts. Wayne posted a photo tour of the Jessem System, and David posted initial impressions of the Kreg System.

The incra 1000SE is seen here in the Incra Miter Express sled. Both are available at You can see the kerf where the mitre sled straddles the blade in the tablesaw allowing for the cutoff piece to be coplanar with the workpiece. This decreases the chance of the saw flinging the cutoff piece back.

The Incra guage is adjutable in half degree incriments with detents every 5 degrees from +90 to -90 degrees.

The mitre bar is extendable for longer cross cutting applications by loosening a set screw and extending the bar.

The stop block is microajustable with both gross movement, and ultra fine movement for repeated cuts.

The mitre gauge easily moves to +/- 90 degrees and is stabilized in the sled with two set screws. These are not necessary but they are a nice addition. The mitre gauge moves forward or back in the sled in order to always be able to support the workpiece.

The sled has a hold down that slides along it’s entire width for stock of varying widths and thicknesses.

Here is a video of the operation of the sled:

What else is there to say. It’s a miter gauge, deathly accurate, very easy to use, convenient and I give it a “Great Purchase!” rating.

-- You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation. (Plato)

View mot's profile

View Lee A. Jesberger's profile

Lee A. Jesberger

#1 posted 01-13-2008 05:40 PM

Hi Tom;

Great product review here.

The product itself looks very well engineered.

But then, what else could we expect from Incra? (or you for that matter).

Thanks for taking the time to post this, I’m sure a lot of us will find it very helpful.

-- by Lee A. Jesberger

View GaryK's profile

#2 posted 01-13-2008 05:41 PM

Nice review! Sounds like you are very happy with it. I have a 3000 miter gauge and love it.

View MsDebbieP's profile

Got one, like it a lot

-- Thos. Angle, Jordan Valley, Oregon

View mjpierson's profile

#5 posted 01-19-2008 05:42 PM

I have one and love it. Bought the whole get-up last year’s woodworkers show from Incra to replacethe standard issue Delta guage.. First project after I bought was a small piece that required very accurate angles (to avoid obvious gaps)....after using the Incra on that project…I was a fan forever.

-- Mike - Columbus, Ohio

View cajunpen's profile

#6 posted 01-20-2008 01:34 PM

Got the same set up Tom and it would be hard to find something that worked any better. It cuts any angle you want – dead on.

-- Bill - "Suit yourself and let the rest be pleased."

View rikkor's profile

#7 posted 01-20-2008 03:58 PM

Good video. I looked at one at a woodworking show, but I’d already topped my $ allotment for the day.

View Bill's profile

#8 posted 01-20-2008 08:34 PM

Great job on the video Tom. It makes me want to take a look at this miter gauge for my work.

-- Bill, Turlock California,

View lynxsg's profile

#9 posted 01-21-2008 05:52 PM

Incra sells a combo … the 1000se miter guage, and the Incra Miter Express together at a better price.

I have just set mine up recently and agree that the cuts are very accurate. However, the ‘rulers’ they provide for length measurement are poor.

Many of us like to use the miter guage on the left. If you have a left tilt table saw, you will have to use the guage in the right hand slot (if using the fence). Why? Because the sled is set up to hold your miter gauge on the right side if you have a left tilt saw.

You can reassemble the fence on your 1000se for use on the left of the blade (without sled), but this takes time, is a nuisance, and the scale has to be set up again.

The sled and Incra miter guage works better for right tilt table saws for the reasons I’ve sighted. For a right tilt table saw, there is no need to disassemble and setup the miter guage for use in the left slot.

—Steve G.

-- Steve G., Kelowna, BC, Canada

View Vagabondking's profile

#10 posted 05-13-2009 06:47 AM

Good review, I have the 1000se, now save the money for the express.

#11 posted 05-13-2009 07:40 AM

-- Custom furniture

View JKC's profile

#12 posted 11-24-2009 09:41 PM

Hi, I’m interested in seeing the video. It seems to have been removed. Any possibility of emailing it?

View mot's profile

#13 posted 11-24-2009 10:53 PM

I’ll try and repost it. These videos were all hosted on Jumpcut which was bought by Yahoo and subsequently taken offline. I do have the initial raw video so I’ll try and update all the blog videos here.

Thanks for reading the blog!

View WayneC's profile

#14 posted 11-25-2009 02:55 AM

Rockler has the 1000 HD on sale from Nov 27 till Dec 4 for $99.99 USD. The regular price is $189.99.

-- We must guard our enthusiasm as we would our life - James Krenov

View JKC's profile

#15 posted 11-25-2009 05:31 AM

Thanks Mot, much appreciated!