Everyone should have about 17 of these in their shop

Review by Tedstor posted 1257 days ago 2721 views 0 times favorited 15 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Everyone should have about 17 of these in their shop No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

OK, a spring clamp is hardly a tool that dreams are made of. But a few days ago it occured to me that I’ve had a pair of these exact clamps in my shop for a few years now. I’ve probably used them 483 times since then. Very strong, very good quality. A couple days later I found myself in the HD for an extension cord, and decided to pick up a few more spring clamps while I was there. I could not remember how much I paid for the original pair, so I was pleasantly surprised to find these for the everyday price of .99.
It seems that most comparable products are $3 or more.
Anyway, I’ll spare you any additional boring details. Its a good clamp, with 1001 uses, for .99. Nuff said. Add it to your next HD shopping list.

View Tedstor's profile

Tedstor

View Pawky's profile

Pawky

I got a few of these. They definitely are the cheapest of their size and work great.

View AttainableApex's profile

AttainableApex

and add the vise grip pack of 2 6in clamps, 2 12in clamps, 2 spring clamps and 2 something or others. really there small, and the other two clamps are use full only sometimes, but i have two sets of these now and its way cheaper than buying individual and most of the time you only need a clamp for holding miner things, no need for a parallel clamp.

-- Ben L

View Thaqeb Alserhan's profile

Thaqeb Alserhan

View cFurnitureGuy's profile

cFurnitureGuy

about a month ago i bought 10 of the small (1/2”...maybe ?) clamps… only .37 cents each! i use them all the time!

-- Justin, Savannah,Ga

View Jras's profile

Jras

These are perfect for many uses and you have to agree with the price. Much easier to use than the “C” clamps that I picked up a year ago at a garage sale for about same price.

View DLCW's profile

DLCW

I’ve got about 30 of them and use them, A LOT, to hold boards during edge glueups. Just clamp over the glue seam and it will hold it while you put the clamps on.

-- Don, Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks - http://www.dlwoodworks.com - "If you make something idiot proof, all they do is make a better idiot"

View Russ's profile

Russ

I bought a couple the other day to play with and I’ve found them very useful and pretty strong for some cheap clips.

-- Russ

View WAWoodButcher's profile

WAWoodButcher

Couldn’t agree more!

-- "Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding 'you are making a scene'." - Homer Simpson

View matt garcia's profile

matt garcia

I bought a case of these from Jet a while back when they were on sale, they’re great!!

-- Matt Garcia Wannabe Period Furniture Maker, Houston TX

View GaryL's profile

GaryL

I have 30 or 40 of these in various colors, condition, etc. They’re like having a bunch of extra fingers and and hands around.

-- Gary; Marysville, MI...Involve your children in your projects as much as possible, the return is priceless.

View Mike Gager's profile

Mike Gager

yeah these are great!

View zindel's profile

zindel

Might I recommend looking on ebay. there are 100s of people who sell these super cheap.
Here is one example i found really fast you can get 6 for a dollar plus 5 dollars shipping. I just type in wholesale and look under the tools section. I have found some great bar clamps on here as well for the same price as home depot sells but for 4 times the cost.

-- If you can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

View dlmckirdy's profile

dlmckirdy

I was in northeastern Oregon around New Years. I found the same clamps at HD for $0.49 ea. – I bought 15. The other day, I was gluing something up and wished I’d have gotten twice as many.

-- Doug, Bakersfield, CA - I measured twice, cut it twice, and it is still too short!

I agree that the HD clamps are excellent for the money. : )

I have several from another source and no two are the same clamping strength and the “plastic” tips and handle covers just don’t last very long.: (

View Chris_'s profile

Chris_

There a couple of caveats to these, mostly pertaining to the rubber coating on the tips. 1) They don’t stay on very well and 2) they don’t last long. I’ve got 6 of them and I use them a lot, but I find myself putting the tips back on a lot. I tried attaching them to the end with silicone caulking and the tips are impervious to any sort of adhesive. I noticed yesterday while using one that the tip has split and no longer provides any cushion.

Just be aware of this and keep an eye on the tips!

-- Chris