Very Easy Flutes

Review by 747DRVR posted 03-14-2011 11:49 PM 2664 views 4 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Very Easy Flutes No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I needed to make 8 fluted columns for a small kitchen island I was making and remembered reading about a flute spacing jig here on LJs.The jig was delivered very quickly and I found it to be of the highest quality.It is made of THICK aluminum.What the jig does is help you set the fence on your router table for perfectly spaced flutes every time.You do not need to measure and there is no math involved.The instructions say to practice on a piece of scrap wood.The scrap piece and all 8 columns came out perfect.Extremely easy on the very first time and also enjoyable to use.At $38 delivered I think its a bargain.Picture is from their website.

View 747DRVR's profile

View AttainableApex's profile

342 posts in 1919 days

#1 posted 03-15-2011 01:06 AM

how does it work

-- Ben L

View ChunkyC's profile

#2 posted 03-15-2011 02:41 AM

That’s a pretty novel idea. One of those, “Why didn’t I think of that” moments.

Thanks for posting!

-- Chunk's Workshop pictures:

View 747DRVR's profile

#3 posted 03-15-2011 03:09 AM

The way it works is once you decide how many flutes you want you go to the chart that is on the jig and it will tell you what holes to put the bushing in.You then put the routerbit(already installed in the routertable)in the bushing and set the routertable must put the piece you are routing in between the fence and the jig as shown in the picture.Once the fence is set you remove the jig and rout the piece.This jig is only for setting the fence.I know I have done a horrible job of explaining it but it really is easy to figure out and use.Go to the website where they have a much better explanation.

View Sawdustonmyshoulder's profile

#4 posted 03-15-2011 03:50 AM

This looks like something I might be interested in. I have made fluted pilasters and measuring is a bear at best.

Thanks for the post.

I Googled it and here’s the link to the website for the jig.

-- Makin' Sawdust!!!

View AttainableApex's profile

342 posts in 1919 days

#5 posted 03-15-2011 09:43 AM

ha wow would have never came up with that. really nice idea.

-- Ben L

View Pete504's profile

#6 posted 03-27-2011 06:36 PM

I ordered one and received it within 5 days. Very well packaged too!