Add a little color to your wood

Review by gpastor posted 1133 days ago 3826 views 1 time favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
Add a little color to your wood No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I tried Minwax water based wood stain clear tint base for the first time and I am very happy with the resolute. The clear base stain can be tinted to your choice of about 50 colors. I picked “Deep Ocean”

The water based stains dry quickly so I used a brush to apply it to a small area and wiping the excess off with a rag within 2-3 min. Minwax recommends to use a pre-stain conditioner to keep the grain from rasing but I very little raised grain on my test peace so I did without the conditioner. (save some $) I did lightly sand before applying a clear finish.

For the clear finished I used Minwax’s Polycrylic this is also a water base product. The clear topcoat makes the color look great and did not change the appearance of the color.

see how it looks on my shaker workbench http://lumberjocks.com/gpastor/blog/21932

-- Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life. Proverbs 16:31

View gpastor's profile

gpastor

1 comment so far

View sawblade1's profile

sawblade1

Good review I love minwax products and I see this another great one :)

-- Proverbs Ch:3 vs 5,6,7 Trust in the lord with all thine heart and lean not unto your own understanding but in all your ways aknowledge him and he shall direct your path elmerthomas81@neo.rr.com