A new twist on an old favorite!

Review by Hawgnutz posted 2337 days ago 1395 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
A new twist on an old favorite! A new twist on an old favorite! No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

We all know and love WD-40 for different applications. Well, the new version with the Smart Straw has a new use that you probably did not know about. If you pull off the sraw the opening is the perfect size for those spray can nozzles!

Recently, the nozzle of my spray can of glue that I use to affix my patterns to my scroll saw stock got clogged with glue. That meant that I had to soak it in solvent and clear the orfice. look at the second picture above and you can see a spray can nozzle affixed to the outlet of the WD-40 sprayer. I simply spray the WD-40 out of the nozzle for a quick burst and the nozzle is cleaned out. No more soaking or wasting the expensive glue or finish in my can to clean the nozzle!

When you use the finish or glue, again, simply give it a very quick burst to clean any residue in the nozzle and you are good to go! I think once you use it you will keep a can close to hand!

God Bless,

Chris

Great idea there Hawg!

View MsDebbieP's profile

MsDebbieP

well isn’t that brilliant!

-- ~ Debbie, Canada (https://www.facebook.com/DebbiePribeleENJOConsultant)

View motthunter's profile

motthunter

someone took their smart pills today! Thanks for the tip

-- making sawdust....

View kshipp's profile

kshipp

I have this WD-40 and I never knew this. Great idea.
Can it also be used to spray in the wide pattern of the spray paint or does it just get through the nozzle for cleaning?

-- Kyle Shipp, http://battleshipp.blogspot.com

View Hawgnutz's profile

Hawgnutz

KS, I have never tried to use the spray can nozzle to spray the WD-40. You would have to holf the nozzle tight on the end of the spout and I just run out of hands…LOL

Seriously, I only use this for cleaning my spray nozzles.

God Bless,
Hawg

-- Saving barnwood from the scrapyards

View jcees's profile

jcees

WD40 is God’s way of telling us he loves us. HA!!! I buy the stuff by the gallon and dispense it into squirt bottles. Heck, if you run out of salad oil… nev’ mind. Great idea about keeping nozzles free flowing though. Cudos.

always,
J.C.

-- When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. -- John Muir

View HallTree's profile

HallTree

WD40 should give you a case of the stuff for that tip.

-- "Hold on to instruction, do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life" Solomon