Great, very friendly Northern Virginia Source!

Review by Brian024 posted 03-02-2011 11:09 PM 4928 views 3 times favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great, very friendly Northern Virginia Source! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Thought I would post a review on a lumber dealer I visited today, located in Berryville, VA right off of Rt. 7 next to the Shell/7-11. It is owned by 2 local contractors, Scott and Charlie; Ben also works there from time to time. I met Ben who was very friendly and knowledgable of the instock and said if I couldn’t find something I liked, Scott would be able to aquire some. He said feel free to look around and if I needed help he would be around, I have been to dealers that all they do is follow people around. They have 14 different locally grown/sawn species at very great prices, also a ton of reclaimed wood like heart pine and chestnut. Depending on the species they may be low on selection, but like I said they would be able to aquire more. Along with selling wood they also offer; planning, flooring, sawing and drying. If you are in the area of Berryville and have not checked these guys out I would highly recommend them.

-Bought some quarter sawn white oak at $3.95 for 4/4, $4.10 for 5/4, and some 8/4.

View Brian024's profile

Brian024

358 posts in 2056 days

View daves1's profile

daves1

#1 posted 03-03-2011 03:47 AM

Brian, thanks for the info. I have to check this place out the next time I head to my cabin. I go right by there. Can’t wait.

View DYNO360's profile

DYNO360

#2 posted 03-03-2011 04:42 AM

Thanks. Berryville is close by in Clarke county, Virginia. I live next to Clarke county in Jefferson county, West Virginia. I got to check them out.

View CharlesNeil's profile

CharlesNeil

#3 posted 03-03-2011 02:54 PM

here is another guy in Va, we use all the time, but will certainly have to check these guys out..

View Brian024's profile

Brian024

358 posts in 2056 days

#4 posted 03-03-2011 06:49 PM

What part of Jefferson County do you live in DYNO, I live in Kearneysville so its about 20 to 25 minutes from there.

I’ll ave to check those guys out to Charles, I’ve been looking for sources closer to home.

View Big Ben's profile

Big Ben

#5 posted 03-04-2011 07:22 PM

Do you know of any good dealers closer to DC?

View Bertha's profile

Bertha

#6 posted 03-04-2011 07:31 PM

I’m in Kanawha County, WV, so it’s a bit of a trek for me. I might end up checking them out, as I haven’t had much other luck.

View matthew_dunne's profile

matthew_dunne

1 post in 2058 days

#7 posted 03-04-2011 10:37 PM

Hey Ben,
You may want to check out Vienna Hardwoods.

View daves1's profile

daves1

#8 posted 03-04-2011 11:18 PM

Ben, try Hardwoods Inc. in frederick. They have a great selection. Also Exotic Lumber inc. in Gaithersburg.

View Woodbutcher3's profile

Woodbutcher3

#9 posted 03-05-2011 01:41 AM

Awesome prices – What great resouce – thanks for sharing!

-- Rod ~ There's never enough time to finish a project, but there's always time to start another one.

View Big Ben's profile

Big Ben

#10 posted 03-11-2011 12:06 PM

Matt and Dave, thanks will be going to Vienna tomorrow.