Small Shop? Big Solution

Review by sawblade1 posted 1244 days ago 5874 views 4 times favorited 13 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Small Shop? Big Solution Small Shop? Big Solution Small Shop? Big Solution Click the pictures to enlarge them

Good evening LJ’s,

Yesterday while I was at work this wonderful tool arrived at the shop :) I give it five stars because it’s a no brainier as I am looking to save space and become more efficient in my shop, the fit an finish out of the box was great, instructions was great and easy to follow,. All of the bolts, and other hardware was supplied and fit too :)
Installation took about 25 minutes and required me to remove the left iron wing on my Delta table saw, but what makes this really shine is the way it operates, for starters the fence rarely will interfere with your operations (unless you do a lot of crosscuts) but the fence and bit could be removed in seconds giving you access to your extension. BTW I have a mitersaw so leaving it in place won’t affect me!! the dust collection works great no dust after rounding over MDF and only using my shop vac. I saved a little money because I had the Rockler pro plate but for what I payed for it it has been well worth it. If your shop is less than 500 sq ft. I recommend this to you. You won’t be sorry:)

-- Proverbs Ch:3 vs 5,6,7 Trust in the lord with all thine heart and lean not unto your own understanding but in all your ways aknowledge him and he shall direct your path elmerthomas81@neo.rr.com

View sawblade1's profile

sawblade1

View jack1's profile

jack1

1907 posts in 2624 days

Looks like a great set up. Hope it does what you need. Jack

-- jack -- ...measure once, curse twice!

View Beginningwoodworker's profile

Beginningwoodworker

Nice set up!

-- CJIII Future cabinetmaker

View steliart's profile

steliart

Cool set up

-- Stelios L.A. Stavrinides: - I am not so rich to buy cheap tools, but... necessity is the mother of inventions - http://www.steliart.com --

View richgreer's profile

richgreer

Because I have a smaller shop (400 sq ft) I have thought about this kind of setup. However, I don’t want to give up my Woodpecker router lift. I think that the cutout for the insert plate on bench dogs is not the right size for a Woodpecker lifts. Woodpecker does not make a table saw extension router table. A dilemma.

View Bertha's profile

Bertha

Thank you! I just ordered one of these with the Group C plate (Triton 3.25). For the money, I couldn’t justify anything else.

View StumpyNubs's profile

StumpyNubs

About time someone thought of making a cast iron one! What a great idea!

Nice I added one simalar to my table saw on here as well. I got mine from MLCS. Glad your is working out…. Enjoy!

View bigike's profile

bigike

I’ll buy that wing off ya if it’s 10”x27”

-- Ike, Big Daddies Woodshop, http://www.icombadaniels@yahoo.com

View sedcokid's profile

sedcokid

Thanks for posting, looks like a nice set up!

-- Chuck Emery, Michigan,

View TopamaxSurvivor's profile

TopamaxSurvivor

That does look like the real deal !!

View vernonator's profile

vernonator

So how would one go about attaching this to a granite topped saw? I want to add a router table on the right side of my General and have been looking at all the options out there

View kenstonge's profile

kenstonge

Just ordered it for my Delta. Looks good—nice review!

View mrbreezeet1's profile

mrbreezeet1

Any reason this table can NOT go on the right side of the tablesaw?