Rite in the Rain Note Pad

Review by christopheralan posted 02-25-2011 04:18 AM 2038 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Rite in the Rain Note Pad No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

A notepad? This isn’t just any note pad. This is the All-Weather Notebook from Rite in the Rain. If you are not familiar with Rite in the Rain products, prepare to be amazed. This is the ultimate in weather-proof writing and note taking. Does it work while damp? Yes. Does it work while wet? Yes. Does it work underwater…?

This paper will work in the desert, the cold, the tropical, and yes, in your shop and job site. They have large selection of paper, notebooks and page patterns to choose from. You could just use a document protector, or get something laminated, true. Document protectors work against grubby fingers, not rain, or mud puddles. Lamination works fine in those situations, but what if you need to take a quick note or re-write something on site? A marker will run, and grease pencils, to be honest, suck, and not everyone has one.
Look, I hate being stuck out in the rain as much as the next guy and I try to avoid it whenever I can, but it is good to know that just in case I am stuck outside or I simply knock over my (beer) coffee, everything will be fine.

Rite in the Rain provides notebooks and all weather pens (that work underwater) to our military, law enforcement, and to the rest of us. Does it cost more than a typical note pad? Of course. But keep this in mind: How much would you pay to have that sketch/note/measurement/phone number/ (fill in the blank), that was destroyed after you spilled your drink/dropped in a puddle/ left on the job site, or (fill in the blank)?
What would I change? Could we go tear resistant? Just a thought.

Questions/Comments: projectwoodworks@gmail.com
Product Link: http://www.riteintherain.com/default.aspx

-- christopheralan http://www.projectwoodworks.com

View christopheralan's profile

christopheralan

View Mark Shymanski's profile

Mark Shymanski

#1 posted 02-25-2011 07:48 AM

I recall that the surveyor notebooks used to be on very robust paper, not sure if its the same stuff or not. I bought a bunch of them when they were on clearance several years ago and still have one or two left, great for all kinds of hard service note taking.

-- "Checking for square? What madness is this! The cabinet is square because I will it to be so!" Jeremy Greiner LJ Topic#20953 2011 Feb 2

View StumpyNubs's profile

StumpyNubs

#2 posted 02-25-2011 04:54 PM

This is a great idea! I was just standing in the middle of my backyard in a rain storm wishing I could write down how stupid it was to stand in the middle of my backyard in a rain storm.

View Chris Moellering's profile

Chris Moellering

#3 posted 02-25-2011 08:58 PM

I carry one of these when I am kayaking to not ewildlife sightings (mostly birds). They are pricey, but work great in potentially (or actually) wet situations.

-- Grace & peace, Chris+