Used Jet JJ-6CS jointer, seems to be a bargain

Review by ic3ss posted 1277 days ago 7887 views 0 times favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Used Jet JJ-6CS jointer, seems to be a bargain Used Jet JJ-6CS jointer, seems to be a bargain Used Jet JJ-6CS jointer, seems to be a bargain Click the pictures to enlarge them

I picked this up from a Craigslist ad recently for $200. SCORE!! I wanted the CSX with 1 hp motor, but this one will do. And with this being about half the going price for a newer CSX, I can put that money towards some chisels or a shoulder plane. Looks like it’s seen some action, I had to clean a bunch of surface rust from the fence and tables. A thorough cleaning did wonders, and now I need to pull the knives and get them sharpened. Everything seems to work fine, even the bearings are in good shape. The only snag is that the safety guard was missing. I downloaded the manual and I think I’ll get the parts on order for that. I guess it was a bargain for a reason. No biggie, a jointer is a pretty simple machine so it’s something I can work on.

Thanks for reading, and have a great day.

-Wayne

View ic3ss's profile

ic3ss

View tomd's profile

tomd

Looks like you made a realy good deal on a good machine.

-- Tom D

View fisherdoug09's profile

fisherdoug09

Thats a good find. I am checking Craigs list daily for a jointer and a Jet drum sander. Not much luck though. They seem to go right away. Doug

Jointers, except 4” models, and the old Craftsman models seem to get snapped up really fast around here. You managed to get a good deal on a decent older machine… Hard to tell from your pics though, kind of dark in there…. Looks like it just needs some cleaning, sharpening, and maybe a little bit of paint…

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

View TJU's profile

TJU

I’m going to put my jj-6csx on craigs list today. It is only 6 years old and runs great. Extra set of knives and a mobile base. How much should I ask? $300?? Grand Rapids MI.
I hope you like your jointer, mine has been great. I’m only selling it because I upgraded to an 8” jointer.
Tim

-- Although the voices aren't real they have some pretty good ideas.

View ic3ss's profile

ic3ss

TJU,

Depending on condition and age, I’ve been seeing them on Craigslist for mostly between $300 – $450. The newer white ones are at the upper end of this scale, and I’ve seen one that was asking $650 but he said it was new still in the box. New, they price at $750, so if it’s in good shape and only six years old, I”d ask between $400 – $450 and go from there.

These prices are what I’m seeing in Oregon. You’re local market may be different.

wayne

Nice score! Congrats to you!

jeff91

This is too funny, I’m going to look at this Jointer tonight from a guy re-selling it on Craig’s list.

Serial numbers match !

jeff91

This Jointer gets around, I’m in Michigan.

jeff91

I just joined Lumberjocks today.