Great little stand for my Bandsaw Station

Review by patcollins posted 1287 days ago 4377 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great little stand for my Bandsaw Station Great little stand for my Bandsaw Station No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I wanted a support for my benchtop bandsaw and have been mulling the idea of making one until I came across this. For $28 it was a great deal from Harbor Freight. It is adjustable height but is a bit short for me for most things (Im 6’4”), b ut for my bandsaw I thought it would be perfect.

It came with middle and bottom shelving material that was very flimsy hardboard, I’m talking so thin the box was stronger. I made new shelves out of some 3/4” particle board. The top that it came with is perfectly fine. The stand went together fairly easly but took longer than I expected to put together. It turns out this little stand is very sturdy and did not flex under my 300 lbs.

I bolted my bandsaw to the top, there is storage for extra blades, the fence, and a circle making jig once I get it completed.

It might make a fine drill press or miter saw stand too depending on how high you want it, but for the miter saw its too low for me.

View patcollins's profile

patcollins

View RandyMorter's profile

RandyMorter

Thanks for the review. I just built a stand for my Ridgid Sander this weekend – I wish I’d thought of looking at HF!

What stand is that? I did a search on their site but didn’t see one that looks like the one you got. What is the max height?

-- Randy Morter, Phoenix, AZ

View patcollins's profile

patcollins

Hey Randy

Here is the link

View RandyMorter's profile

RandyMorter

That looks like almost an exact fit for the Ridgid sander. I don’t know for sure how it would work with regard to the position of the mounting holes (whether you’d be drilling into the stand itself), but the top of the one I made was 20-1/2” x 16-1/2”. Thanks again!

-- Randy Morter, Phoenix, AZ