8” Bionic Wrench

Review by christopheralan posted 1153 days ago 2844 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
8” Bionic Wrench No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This is the 8” Bionic Wrench by Logger Head Tools. It is one of the coolest tools I own. Thanks to innovative design and engineering, it automatically adjusts to any size hex-head fastener from 7/16 inch to ¾ inch and from 11mm to 20mm. This had Super Hero Belt status immediately. Being a carpenter and woodworker, I don’t normally turn wrenches, except to change blades and occasionally to secure lag bolts and screws. It is ideal for me in those situations where I normally have enough clearance around the fastener to use it effectively. I have read some negative reviews on this product, and honestly believe that many people expect this tool to replace their entire sets of wrenches. I don’t believe this was designed for that purpose. It is extremely well made and is a complete joy to use when used in appropriate applications. Auto mechanics might not find this as useful as I do, simply because it is normally very crowded under the hood. You do need about 5/8” all the way around the fastener for the wrench to fit on, and then enough room for you to turn the wrench while squeezing the handles. Because most of my work fits around those requirements, I find the Bionic Wrench very useful.

What would I change? There is nothing I would change on this model. Logger Head manufactures various wrenches using the same innovative design and engineering to suit different needs. There is the Bionic Grip which is basically an open-end version of the Bionic Wrench. I do not (yet) own the Grip, so I cannot speak for it (yet).

Questions/Comments: projectwoodworks@gmail.com

Guaranteed forever.

-- christopheralan http://www.projectwoodworks.com

View Raskal's profile

Raskal

Interesting, I just saw this tool in the Canadian Home workshop “Best tools of 2010”. Of course, this was the Canadian version (it’s in Metric).

View Bitmugger's profile

Bitmugger

I have two of these (no not Metric and Imperial, large and small). Occasionally useful for crimping the connector on a coax cable and sometimes when I need to provide all around squeeze pressure on something but otherwise sits in the junk drawer. Actually I do grab it sometimes to hold threaded rod from turning as it grips at 6 points so I don’t crush the threads.

I am glad you find yours useful, I cannot think of a single situation I would grab this over (for example) an adjustable crescent wrench for actual use on nuts/bolts. They are a gimmick in my opinion. One of those gifts at Christmas you just smile and thank the person for. I do agree they seem very well made.