Dead On Tools Exhumer 9 Nail Puller

Review by christopheralan posted 1245 days ago 4940 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Dead On Tools Exhumer 9 Nail Puller No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This isn’t your average cat’s-paw style nail puller. This is the Exhumer 9 by Dead-On Tools. It actually measures 10 5/8”, but with a name like Exhumer, who cares. This is another multi-use tool with a circular saw blade nut wrench, small hammer face, two claws, and a bottle opener. Yes, a bottle opener. It works. I tried it about 12 times the first weekend I owned it…I lost count after that…

Anyway, I have used the heck out of this, and it has always performed well. I have pulled nails and smaller screws and it had enough leverage to not get stuck. It works effectively for digging out deep nails by striking the back face with a hammer and using the claws to grab the offender. The saw wrench has saved me a few times. Working on a job site and leaving the wrench behind would normally be a pain in the butt if you needed to change or tighten the blade. Since the Exhumer has earned a permanent place in the Super Hero Belt, I always have the exact size wrench I need.

What would I change? Nothing. This thing is perfect the way it is, skulls and all.

Questions/Comments: projectwoodworks@gmail.com
Product Link: http://www.deadonstore.com/index.html

View Roper's profile

Roper

When you say Exhumer you have to say it with a Schwartzenegger accent.

-- Roper - Master of sawdust- www.roperwoodturning.com

”...Eggs-zoom-uhhhh…I’ll be back…”

View chrisstef's profile

chrisstef

having to say it like arnold is hilarious … what does one of those bad boys run?

Nails ahh ma nem-ehh-sis (in arnold accent)

-- "there aren’t many hand tools as awe-inspiring as the #8 jointer. I mean, it just reeks of cast iron heft and hubris" - Smitty

They have one for $8.80…

Not sure if it is the some one I have.
Also check out Home Depot or Sears. I have seen them in both. (I hate ordering on-line for tools. I like to hold the thing in my hands before I commit.)

View childress's profile

childress

I have an older/different version and I gotta say that the best thing about it is that it can open a beer ;-)

-- Childress Woodworks

View Formhead's profile

Formhead

I’ve gone through 2 of these junk sticks. The most recent 1 literally snapped in half on me. Stay far far away from this tool unless your only buying it to show your buddies and not actually do any work with it cause it can’t keep up to any type of concrete form stripping or anything for that matter