|Review by Chris||posted 02-29-2008 07:44 PM||2959 views||0 times favorited||0 comments|
- Shop Fox W1670 1/2-Horsepower Floor Radial Drill Press
- Brand: Shop Fox | Category: Drill Presses
I was in need of a drill press and purchased this drill press on clearance. It performs as advertised; however there a couple of areas that are lacking.
1) Spindle run out is almost non-existent
2) The speeds are easy to change
3) It seems to have plenty of torque for my needs
1) Even when “locked down” the table can wander laterally
2) The table height adjustment has a lot bit of play
3) Worst of all: The table deflects significantly even with moderate downward pressure
4) the depth stop might as well be made of tin foil. It bends so easily that it’s useless. Are there aftermarket items to replace this?
In retrospect I should have waited. This is and will be the last impulse machinery buy I ever make. I normally research and wait for the best price and time. I was wooed by the rock bottom price and did not end up with a quality machine.
Photo from the Shop Fox Website
-- "Everything that is great and inspiring is created by the individual who labors in freedom" -- Albert Einstein