"Bucket Head" Vacuum

Review by FJPetruso posted 1295 days ago 8036 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
"Bucket Head" Vacuum "Bucket Head" Vacuum "Bucket Head" Vacuum Click the pictures to enlarge them

I found this Bucket Head Vacuum on display at Home Depot a while back & decided to give it a try. Heck… It’s only 20 bucks & uses an ordinary 5 gallon plastic bucket for collection of dust & chips. (I just happen to have acquired a couple of plastic buckets that have the same rim dimensions but hold about 7-1/2 gsllons & are several inches taller.) There’s no doubt that it’s a cheap vacuum but it works well. The filter is a simple pouch over the suction side of the vacuum motor in the bucket held on with a large rubber band. Both easily replaceable. The vacuum has a hose about 1-1/4” in diameter & 4 feet long & no accessories. But that’s OK. All I want it for is a vacuum to put with a woodworking tool that I don’t want to run my dust collector to. It’s cheaper to buy this set-up than it is to run 4” hose, blast gates & adapters! I plan on purchasing one or two more for the same reason. If you only have a small hobby shop or just want to keep the better half from griping at you for using her good vacuum for shop work & for only $20 & easy set-up… I gave it four stars because when you consider the price & what it’s used for… It does the job great!

FJPetruso

Is there any way to upgrade the filtration in this thing?

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

FJPetruso

I was going to make another filter bag out of an old cloth dust collector bag. I suppose you could take measurements & try & match a pleated paper style filter & adapt it.

View twokidsnosleep's profile

twokidsnosleep

I crapped out one of these within a month using it for a small downdraft box
Hope yours holds out better

-- Scott "Some days you are the big dog, some days you are the fire hydrant"

View Robert Kennedy's profile

Robert Kennedy

1 post in 1960 days

I understand it not having a long life span….its $20bucks….how loud are they? do they scream like a shopvac or did we get lucky and have little noise with little suction….I am thinking about using one on a portable chopsaw…I have a battery op dewalt vac on it now…..Id like it back in my truck were it was purchased for!

-- Bob Retreat design Camano Island, wa.

FJPetruso

It doesn’t make as much noise as my craftsman shop vac, but it’s close to the same noise level. But it’s easy to set up & like you said… It’s $20 bucks!