Good Featherboards, not so good runner hardware.

Review by dbhost posted 1259 days ago 1626 views 1 time favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Good Featherboards, not so good runner hardware. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I recieved one of these featherboard sets for Christmas last year, and had noticed the other review on them, so I wanted to chime in on my own experience.

My router table / extension wing uses Rockler 3/4” x 3/8” aluminum miter track, which works flawlessly with all my other miter bars. However with the Milescraft, the miter bars were extremely cheaply made with lots of casting excess, which means the miter bar wouldn’t even think of fitting the slot until I sanded the excess down smooth.

Aside from the sloppy manufacturing of the miter bars, the boards themselves are nice, flex where you want them to, and bite like a bit pull in the direction you don’t want your wood to go. The ability to stack these good and tall is great for routing with tall bits as well… Keep your stock nice and flat against that fence! You can also separate them into 2 separate featherboards for use on the table saw, router table, band saw, or wherever you will use a feather board…

This seems to be typical of Milescraft quality. They are spot on in most of the area, but really miss some important things… All in all, this is an easy work around, but it shouldn’t be something the customer has to work around… This should have come from Milescraft ready to go…

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

View Cliff De Witt 's profile

Cliff De Witt

I know in advance I am going to feel real dumb.

In a number of shop pictures I have seen the same 66 cabinet, what is it?

I have not done much woodworking for the last couple of years and only started when I got my late so I have not been doing any flat work. Common sense tells me it is for router bits but some times my sense is not very common.

Thank you,....I will stand the ridicule.

-- Trying to find an answer to my son’s question: “…and forming organic cellulose by spinning it on its axis is interesting, why?”

MLCS Woodworking “66 piece 1/2 shank router bit set. Not a dumb question…

I know it’s a LOT of bits, but believe it or not, I use almost all of them, and will likely eventually use all of them.

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com