Very nice saw for the price

Review by SchotterWoodworking posted 02-04-2011 03:03 AM 1969 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Very nice saw for the price No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This is a well made, low cost handsaw that I use for cutting joinery. I think it was a little over $30 at Woodcraft. The handle is beech and the top is brass, the blade is rigid and very sharp. I am new to the world of handsaws other than the ripsaws sold at the big box stores so this was a big step up for me. I think this brand is worth looking into for future purchases.

View SchotterWoodworking's profile

SchotterWoodworking

View Thomas Keefe's profile

Thomas Keefe

#1 posted 02-04-2011 08:19 AM

I have one of these too. I like it.

View BTKS's profile

BTKS

1971 posts in 2160 days

#2 posted 02-04-2011 12:07 PM

Been looking for a dovetail saw but not willing to go three figures for a stamped blade! This may just fit the bill, thanks for posting.
BTKS

-- "Man's ingenuity has outrun his intelligence" (Joseph Wood Krutch)

#3 posted 02-04-2011 12:55 PM

I have this and like it as well.

View DaveTPilot's profile

DaveTPilot

271 posts in 1994 days

#4 posted 02-05-2011 01:37 AM

Thanks for the post. I have been looking at some saws and couldn’t decide on what to buy. I want to try my hand at hand cut dovetails and was looking at the dozuki and the ryobi saws. I also looked at the Gent’s saw. This might help me decide.

-- How valuable is time to a person who spends his disparaging the beliefs of others? --David Berthelette www.pilotwoodworks.com