Senco quality

Review by SchotterWoodworking posted 02-04-2011 02:10 AM 2895 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Senco quality Senco quality No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I heard a while back that Senco went through some kind of financial troubles, so I was leery to buy this gun. That said, I’ve been using Senco nailers and staplers at work for years and I have been consistently impressed with the quality of their guns as well as the user-friendly direction the guns have gone to in the last 5 years. I nabbed this one on sale for $200 bucks at CPO brand new. I wanted a framer for the same reason anyone in their right mind wants a framing nailer, to build some big stuff! This nailer has been through two shed construction projects and has made many people green with envy. The gun is light for a framer and well balanced. The magazine is really long and is a little awkward to work with because it crosses the handle at an angle, but once you figure out how to hold it without the long magazine getting in your gut, it all makes sense. Tool-free depth adjustment, two tool-free trigger settings (bump and standard), moderate air consumption, LOUD AS SIN, but hey…it’s a bloody framing nailer…loud is what they do. She’s a beast and if you can find her at the right price, go for it.

View SchotterWoodworking's profile

SchotterWoodworking

View dbol's profile

dbol

#1 posted 02-04-2011 02:50 AM

Not a fan of Senco. I have a sks stapler that I have had fixed a no. of times and it still misfires way more than it should. Paslode or Duo-fast for me.

View wseand's profile (online now)

wseand

#2 posted 02-04-2011 06:54 AM

I am in the market for a framer. I was torn between the PC and the Senco. Maybe I will try the Senco. I have PC brads and I usually stick with what I know but sometimes I get a little Froggy. thanks for the review.

-- Bill - "Freedom flies in your heart like an Eagle" Audie Murphy

View Cato's profile

Cato

641 posts in 1965 days

#3 posted 02-04-2011 01:57 PM

Looked at this framer awhile back but went with the Paslode model that shoots clipped and roundhead nails. Very reliable and flawless performance.

The rafter hook that comes on the Paslode is a incredibly convenient feature when you are either climbing around or on a ladder and can hang the nailer off a stick of 2x material.