Review of Jet 10" Jointer-Planer Combination Machine

Review by Furnitude posted 01-31-2011 08:23 PM 4400 views 1 time favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Review of Jet 10" Jointer-Planer Combination Machine Review of Jet 10" Jointer-Planer Combination Machine Review of Jet 10" Jointer-Planer Combination Machine Click the pictures to enlarge them

I removed my review because after using this machine, I can’t say that it is even decent quality. I no longer recommend it. I didn’t want people to buy it on my recommendation.
Mitch

-- Mitch, http://furnitude.blogspot.com Also blog at http://www.craftsy.com/blog/author/mitch-roberson/

View Furnitude's profile

Furnitude

View Twigger's profile

Twigger

#1 posted 02-02-2011 05:53 PM

I have the 8” version of this unit which I have given 4 stars.

One thing I didn’t realize until I bought a longer bed jointer is, this machine is very loud – frighteningly loud IMO. Hearing protection is absolutely necessary to protect your ears and reduce the noise intimidation.

But it does the expected job for its size. For example, home-made router table fences, drawer fronts and sides, and like sizes. Just don’t expect it performs like a long bed jointer does.

-- When can we go fishing, err woodworking?!