Delta Q3 40-650 Scroll Saw

Review by gbrown4 posted 01-29-2011 at 10:51 PM 6106 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Delta Q3 40-650 Scroll Saw No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I recently acquired this Q3 scroll saw from Craig’s list. I was able to barter for it, amazon.com gift card trade. The seller acquired it from her father who recently passed away. The seller had no clue what it was so she was eager to trade for it. First off I notice it was missing the off/on switch and knob. It was rusty and dirty. I found a switch for $2.50 and replace the bent screws on the quick set blade clamp both upper and lower. I cleaned up the surface rust and wiped every thing down. The knob is on its way from e-replacements. It runs and cuts great. I had a Delta 2 speed 16” scroll saw prior. I would like to Thank Steve Good and Rick Hutchison’s web sites and you tube videos, very informative.

I really want to try portraits with it but need to read up on photoshop before attempting.

Thanks

-- Greg, Concordia, Mo

View gbrown4's profile

gbrown4

View ArtistryinWood's profile

ArtistryinWood

#1 posted 01-30-2011 at 09:57 AM

Nice find Greg, i have the first year model still going strong, got it after i burned out my Delta 16” 2 speed.

A little tip, the C-ARM has some under/over cut, I shimmed the front of the table so the blade was at 90 degrees at the top of the upstroke thus eliminating the undercut. I also put some sand bags on the lower tray to dampen any vibration.

Andrew

-- It seem's to me i could live my life, a lot better than i think i am. Andrew, Midland, Ont.

View JeremyM's profile

JeremyM

#2 posted 01-31-2011 at 09:20 AM

Good find there. I have been looking for a decent scroll saw, think I will check craigslist. Thanks for the review

-- Jeremy, http://projects-for-woodworking.com