Never Again!!!

Review by lew posted 01-28-2011 09:12 PM 2567 views 0 times favorited 14 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Never Again!!! Never Again!!! No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Save your money and buy something else. It took me 3 pairs (two pictured), at almost $15 each, to learn my lesson.

1 Star is too high

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

View lew's profile

View Bertha's profile

#1 posted 01-28-2011 09:14 PM

doh! Some glue & elastic bands…knee pads maybe? Sorry to see this.

View depictureboy's profile

#2 posted 01-28-2011 09:27 PM

yep they do the same thing in the same place for me…only last about a month maybe 2

-- If you can't build it, code it. If you can't code it, build it. But always ALWAYS take a picture.

View chrisstef's profile

13585 posts in 2095 days

#3 posted 01-28-2011 09:54 PM

That sucks … i picked up a pair of Smith & Wesson ear muffs, and i cant say enough about them … they even have a jack to plug in an ipod .. havent tried that feature out yet though.

-- "there aren’t many hand tools as awe-inspiring as the #8 jointer. I mean, it just reeks of cast iron heft and hubris" - Smitty

View Beginningwoodworker's profile

#4 posted 01-28-2011 10:25 PM

That sucks big time, thats $45 dollars down the tube.

View blockhead's profile

#5 posted 01-28-2011 10:30 PM

Yep, been down that road. Complete garbage…

-- Brad, Oregon- The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

#6 posted 01-28-2011 11:36 PM

The best that I’ve found is Harbor Freight at 7.99 I think Not the cheap ones I’ve got about 15 pairs all around the shop.

-- I've been blessed with a father who liked to tinker in wood, and a wife who lets me tinker in wood. Southern Delaware soon moving to Virginia †

View swirt's profile

1993 posts in 2061 days

#7 posted 01-28-2011 11:47 PM

Hey same thing happened here. At least they are consistent. ;)

-- Galootish log blog,

View aShapiro's profile

#8 posted 01-29-2011 12:35 AM

Hey, I’m not the only one! I don’t think mine lasted a week before breaking like that.

View Steven H's profile

Steven H

#9 posted 01-29-2011 04:57 AM

Some duc tape would work :)

View lew's profile

#10 posted 01-29-2011 05:14 AM

I tried duct tape but then I couldn’t see ;^)

Did send an email to AO Safety including pix- doubt if I’ll get a response.

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

View Ryan Brown's profile

Ryan Brown

#11 posted 01-29-2011 05:16 AM

Hey Lew. I recommend the Ryobi Tek4 headphones. Mine actually came with a free Tek4 MP3 player, so now I have two batteries and two chargers, plus music to boot.

-- If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem. Roanoke, VA

View TheOldTimer's profile

#12 posted 01-29-2011 05:41 AM

I have been using Peltors (non audio) for years and they have served me well. Each pair lasts about 15 years in this hot dry climate of the south west.

-- TheOldTimer,Chandler Arizona

View JimDaddyO's profile

#13 posted 01-29-2011 02:46 PM

the company I worked for had AO safety as their supplier of safety equipment…..all of it I have tried is crap.

-- my blog: my You Tube channel:

View Tyrone D's profile

Tyrone D

#14 posted 07-05-2012 07:53 PM

I got one of these marked as 3M but they did say AOSafety on them.
Mine broke in one week of having them. I took them back to Summit Tools and they game me a full refund and I paid a little more and got the Peltor 98.

I did like how I could easily hear human voices with these though, with my new ones it’s kinda hard to hear.

-- --Tyrone - BC, Canada "Nothing is ever perfect, we just run out of time."