Horrible service

Review by twoblacklabs posted 1278 days ago 2861 views 2 times favorited 18 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Horrible service No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Lousy service, over a week to ship, no tracking number and damaged goods.

I needed new bearings for my jointer restoration. Ordered online from this site. The purchase immediately cleared my account (surprise surprise). Yet a week later, no bearings. A call their “Customer Service” and the dude says there isn’t a tracking number and he’s positive they had already sent the bearings. Well, they finally showed up, as a drop shipment from another supplier. However, they must not even look at what they grab out the bin as one of the bearings barely moves. The shield is dented and it is in worse shape than what I removed in the first place! Look closely at the picture and you can see the “dish” in the shield, between the finger and thumb.

I called “customer support” and was told they would replace the bearing but would not ship overnight. Not happy.

Don’t use their site unless you want the run around. I could not figure out how to give “Zero Stars” but would really like too.

-- If You Haven't Got the Time to Do It Right, When Will You Find the Time to Do It Over?

View patron's profile

patron

12958 posts in 1940 days

thanks for the ‘heads up’

another shoddy greedy company

i hope your new one is better

twoblacklabs

It was. I found a local supplier. Had forgotten about them.

Complete Drives Inc.
6419 Discount Drive
Fort Wayne, IN 46818-1235
(260) 489-6033

Much better service.

View Wolffarmer's profile

Wolffarmer

I live in an agriculture area. lots and lots of places to get bearings around here. It is a shame there are these places that pretty much all they do is take your order/money and pass it on to another outfit for fulfillment.

Randy

-- That was not wormy wood when I started working on it.

View JJohnston's profile

JJohnston

For things like this, I always try McMaster-Carr first. Service is good, and they ship fast – often the same day, if you order in the morning.

-- "Sorry I'm late. Somebody tampered with my brakes." "You should have been early, then."

twoblacklabs

JJohnston. This is exactly why I posted this review. I had no idea where to buy the bearings. Now hundreds if not thousands will see this and know what to expect if they order from them. I have also emailed the company and informed them of my post, including the picture above.

View brianinpa's profile

brianinpa

Accurate Bearing works for me!!! They specialize in large quantities, but they go out of their way for the small orders also.

-- Brian, Lebanon PA, If you aren’t having fun doing it, find something else to do.

View ChunkyC's profile

ChunkyC

There are some companies there that have yet to understand how the internet works. Those of us that purchase a lot a stuff from the www have come to expect timely shipping and tracking data. I get the same type of service from Peachtree. They fill their orders slowly and no tracking data.

You can also try:

Reid Supply
MSC Industrial Supply
Grainger Industrial Supply

Just a few places to get you started.

-- Chunk's Workshop pictures: http://spadfest.rcspads.com/thumbnails.php?album=135

View ChunkyC's profile

ChunkyC

Or …

Fastenal They have lots of stores all over. Can be a bit spendy but in a pinch.

I’ve even taking bearings to the local auto parts store. I needed to rebuild a sander once and they had the bearings on the shelf. I was surprised, but it’s worth a call or a stop by to check.

View reggiek's profile

reggiek

Thanks for the heads up….though not a woodworking vendor…it is still nice to know who not to deal with. Let us know if this gets resolved. Otherwise, another add to the no buy vendor list.

-- Woodworking.....My small slice of heaven!

View docholladay's profile

docholladay

For this type of item, I usually go to Motion Industries. They have a local office near me and they always have what I need in stock. Also, I have always been surprised what is in stock at my local NAPA auto parts store.

Doc

-- Hey, woodworking ain't brain surgery. Just do something and keep trying till you get it. Doc

View Shopsmithtom's profile

Shopsmithtom

I’ve been using USA Bearings and Belts on ebay. The prices very reasonable, and shipping is fast & FREE. Their auctions have great diagrams for the novice bearing buyer. -SST

-- Accuracy is not in your power tool, it's in you

View thiel's profile

thiel

Just visited McMaster-Carr’s website.

I think I’m in love.

Good prices on things we buy elsewhere… e.g. West System Epoxy, specialty fasteners, garden hose reels….

I could spend a whole day looking at their site.

-- Laziness minus Apathy equals Efficiency

View lilredweldingrod's profile

lilredweldingrod

I have had superior service for years from Applied technologies. They have warehouses all over the US and usually stock about any bearing you could ever want. Rand

View crank49's profile

crank49

I always have two thumbs up for McMaster-Carr. I bet you can’t walk into any maintenance department in any factory in the country where you won’t see a big thick yellow McMaster-Carr catalog sitting on a bookshelf somewhere. They amaze me with the bredth of their inventory. We always called their book the engineer’s bible.

-- Michael :-{| “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.” ― A H

View TopamaxSurvivor's profile

TopamaxSurvivor

Here is another place to post a review http://www.complaintsboard.com/new_complaint/