DEWALT 12 In. 96T Ultra-Smooth Crosscutting Thin Curf Saw Blade

Review by wseand posted 01-17-2011 09:06 AM 2910 views 3 times favorited 13 comments Add to Favorites Watch
DEWALT  12 In. 96T Ultra-Smooth Crosscutting Thin Curf Saw Blade No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I was looking around for a new blade for my DW718 SCMS and I was wondering around Lowes and spotted this beaut. So I took it home and put it to the test. The first thing I noticed was how quiet it was when cutting through the wood. It leaves an incredibly smooth and clean cut. It cut perfect miters on hard maple in the first pass. It says it cuts nonferrous metals so I cut some copper tubing and it made a nice smooth cut leaving little tear out but you better wear eye protection. Then I cut some Bloodwood, 1/4 oak ply, more maple, and poplar, all were left with a nice smooth cut and very little if any tear out.

So far it seems to be quite accurate and leaves a nice smooth finish. This is an excellent blade for woodworking purposes. It was about 66 bones so not cheep but well worth the damage to the wallet.

#1 posted 01-17-2011 07:56 PM

You can not believe the difference a nice new well balanced blade will do for a saws performance and accuracy. I would never cut metal with it again, but I had to try it out.

View Mark's profile

Mark

1788 posts in 2028 days

#2 posted 01-18-2011 01:19 AM

how much was it? my bday is in a few days n im due for a new blade

-- My purpose in life: Making sawdust

View Gene Howe's profile

Gene Howe

#3 posted 01-18-2011 01:33 AM

$66 is a darned good price. The Tenryus that I use are half again as much. And that’s for a 60 t 10”!

#4 posted 01-18-2011 03:16 AM

Yeh it was $66 and it is a really nice blade. I am a huge fan of dewalt but I certainly wouldn’t recommend a crappy blade. I wasn’t going to get a dewalt blade until I saw this one. I will still swop the old blade in for cutting crap wood. If anyone decides to get one please add your comments on.

View TopamaxSurvivor's profile

TopamaxSurvivor

#5 posted 01-18-2011 09:53 AM

Thanks, I’ll keep my eye peeled ;-))

View Dez's profile

Dez

#6 posted 01-18-2011 10:32 AM

Have and love it! But then I am also a big fan of my DeWalt mitersaw!

-- Folly ever comes cloaked in opportunity!

#7 posted 01-18-2011 05:49 PM

TS, you keep that eye on the task at hand we don’t need any hospital visits, 8~).

Dez, I would sell my kid before my DeWalt mitersaw if I needed some fast cash. !~).

View Mark's profile

Mark

1788 posts in 2028 days

#8 posted 01-18-2011 09:32 PM

now you got me lookin for it…lowes here in canada (windsor) doesnt have it

-- My purpose in life: Making sawdust

#9 posted 01-18-2011 09:37 PM

Maybe they can order it and have it sent to the store. Maybe through their web site. This is the first time I have seen them in the store.

View JeremyM's profile

JeremyM

#10 posted 01-29-2011 07:25 AM

I use this for cabinet making, its a great blade

-- Jeremy, http://projects-for-woodworking.com

#11 posted 01-29-2011 08:12 AM

Have you used it for some time now JM? Just wondering how long it will last under heavy use.

View gcodom's profile

gcodom

#12 posted 02-08-2011 07:10 PM

I recently bought a Dewalt 715 and another blade at the same time. Before putting the blade on I read carefully the specifics detailed for the required blade and quickly discovered I had bought the wrong blade. I also read a review where someone tried to use it on a Dewalt 716 and bent the arbor on their saw. The miter saw requires a blade with a hook of 0 degrees or less. The Dewalt blade is a perfect match for a miter saw as its specifications match exactly as detailed for the saw (not surprising). The blade works very well and the reviewer has done a good job detailing it. It is more than a good blade, it is a safe blade as well.