Jam to your tunes while safe from yuor machinery whine!

Review by Hawgnutz posted 2373 days ago 1264 views 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
Jam to your tunes while safe from yuor machinery whine! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This is a tool I use all the time! My bandsaw is notorious for its high decibel whine when I use it, and coupled with the dust collection, that means it gets down right unbearable for my ears! These protect my ears, while allowing me to rock on or country out while I use my tools! They really protect me from the sound of my pneumatic full-head nailer!

The on/off/volume control is set intuitively on the right ear. The only problem is that the radio tuner is non-digital, extending knob and prone to change if you bump it on anything. But this is a minimal problem and I listen to my station most all day as I work.

Rockler has a version called the i-Tunes, which has a jack to plug into your MP3 player, or any walkman. It is slightly more expensive, but you can find it on sale for the same price that the Work tunes sells for ($49.95).

Overall comfort is good, with acceptable adjustability. It is lightweight and easy to wear for extended times. The battery life seems to be really good. I have not had to replace them fro a year or more of sporadic use.

Overall, this is a great buy, but I would spend a little more and get the option to play from an MP3.

God Bless,
Hawg

-- Saving barnwood from the scrapyards

View Hawgnutz's profile

Hawgnutz

1 comment so far

View Bob_B's profile

Bob_B

Hawg, I couldn’t agree with your review more. I have the Work-Tunes version that you mentioned that has a jack for a MP3 player, but I rarely use it (it does work well, but I don’t like having a wire attached to my head).

Excellent noise canceling, you can still hear your music without having to crank the volume. One of my best woodworking purchases EVER!

-- Bob B - Warwick, Rhode Island