Milwaukee 5" 8 hole cat#6021-21

Review by Dave posted 1329 days ago 3420 views 0 times favorited 15 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Milwaukee 5" 8 hole cat#6021-21 Milwaukee 5" 8 hole cat#6021-21 Milwaukee 5" 8 hole cat#6021-21 Click the pictures to enlarge them

I had burnt up my last sander and was in a pinch to get another. So I had found this sander at a box store for $80.00.
The weight and balance are very good. Also the grip is rubber and a little smaller than most of the others that I picked up. I will say this, one good thing about big box store is that you can test ride a product. I do have a bad wrist and on my last project I have been doing a lot of hand planing, sawing and card scrapping. so my wrist is a little sore. This sander does have some tolerable vibration but with the soft start it hasn’t hurt my wrist yet. My small shop vac hooked up with no problem. The provided dust collector has a spring in it. This made it very easy to take it off, place it over the trash can and beat the dust out of it. The spring pops the bag back into its full shape. Hear are the
Features. Variable speed dial: 7,000-12,000 orbits per minute Electronic soft start quickly, steadily ramps the motor up in stages Pad cushioning and break reduces swirl marks, integrated vacuum ports fit 1-1/4-inch or 2-1/4-inch hoses Tactile rubber top and body grip surface and narrow sander body ergonomic design * Includes carrying case, dust bag

View GuyK's profile

GuyK

Dave, I also have this ROS. I have recommended it to anyone that ask, it is a great sander and very comfortable to use over those long sanding project. Good Luck with yours.

-- Guy Kroll www.thelandsathillsidefarms.org

View Bryan_M's profile

Bryan_M

I have this one too. I like it a lot. I was using an old crappy vibrating sander so I had to get used to how quickly this thing removes material.

View Szczuldo's profile

Szczuldo

I have the same sander however my shop vac hose doesn’t fit it…

-- -Alexei

View Bluepine38's profile

Bluepine38

I have the same sander, and when I hook the small hose of my shop vac to it, I do not have to worry about
the bag or the dust, although I do have to put on my hearing protection.

-- As ever, Gus-the 75 yr young apprentice carpenter

View woodworkerscott's profile

woodworkerscott

Thanks for the review. It reminded me I need to get me a RO sander. Wood Magazine gave this top reviews as well: cost, comfort and, fastest removal of material, which is what we all need. Thanks.

-- " 'woodworker'.....it's a good word, an honest word." - Sam Maloof

View Brandon's profile

Brandon

Nice review. It’s a great sander—I’ve had it for about six months now. My experience with Milwaukee tools have been nothing but good.

-- "hold fast to that which is good"

View rweitz's profile

rweitz

My first ROS and I love it too. With the vac hooked up its a dream to sand and keep the shop clean. Palm sander, 1/4 sheet sander both are wasting away – “nevermore” quoth he.

-- You cannot build a reputation on what you are going to do. - Henry Ford

Dave

Oh yeah there is one thing i missed. The hooks on the pad have adhered very well to 3 different manufactures sandpapers. I do believe you can replace the pad also.
Thanks for all the comments guys.
Mill tools are picked on for being behind the technology curve. But there is something said for old-school, its proven and it works!

View JBfromMN's profile

JBfromMN

I had a post up in the forum a couple weeks ago wondering with ROS to go with, this one or the nearly identical Ridgid. I went with this one in the end, becuase I too have had really good luck with Milwaukee power tools. Great sander so far, but I have not used it much yet.

View Brandon's profile

Brandon

I had to replace the pad on mine—it was only 5 dollars at the local Milwaukee repair shop.

-- "hold fast to that which is good"

View pjones46's profile

pjones46

I have the PC 392 and then bought the Milwaukee 6021-21. I changed the 6021-21 pad to a NH as paper is allot cheaper.

I find that the Milwaukee is smoother and has less vibration so I use much more. It sands very flat on the wood and doesn’t wobble is the best way I can explain it and the PC does. It took a little while to become comfortable with the height difference but now that I am, I do not like to use the PC and only when I must. The price has dropped to about $60 or less so it is a real good buy. Anyone reading this, I would say try it you’ll like it. Also has a great warranty, 3 yrs I think.

-- God is great, the Beer is good and people are Crazy. www.pauljoneswoodworks.com

112027 posts in 2213 days

I have one and I’d give it 5 stars too. It’s the best out of 8 other brands I own.

Dave

She’s still cooking. I just went from figured maple to basswood. And she has done a fine job.
Thank you to all that have commented ;)

View GlennsGrandson's profile

GlennsGrandson

I hope that it is as good as everyone says! MY older PC needed new bearings, they quoted me at $54 (parts and labor before tax), I bought this one for just under $80 after taxes. I figured for another $25-ish I could get a 5 year warranty too which is worth the peace of mind to me.

Now maybe I could order the bearings and fix the PC myself (I’m sure that I will try, bearings about $9 a piece), but I was given the go ahead for to buy a new one so I didn’t say anything, and I needed one now. Maybe in the future I will have two working ROS… :D

-- Grant - S/N Dakota

Dave

I posted this almost 800 days ago and mine is still cuttin dust. I sounds like it is a bit louder but is cooking right along.
Good luck.