Another winner for Harbor Freight

Review by b2rtch posted 01-03-2011 06:28 PM 4428 views 0 times favorited 23 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Another winner for Harbor Freight Another winner for Harbor Freight Another winner for Harbor Freight Click the pictures to enlarge them

These anti-fatigue floor mats are very inexpensive, especially when on sale 50% off.
They are very easy to install , they fit very well, easy to clean and they look good.
Of course I bought them for my comfort but more important I also bought them to save my tools.
A Stanley plane or a chisel dropped on the concrete are dead meat, with the mats they have a fair chance to survive.
Highly recommended.

View jim C's profile

jim C

#1 posted 01-03-2011 06:48 PM

Hi Bert,
Thanks for the review. Those mats are a worthy and practical addition to any shop. Good for protecting the tools and saving the legs and back.
I’m a neat-nik like you so I appreciate your great looking organized shop.

Regards,

Jim

#2 posted 01-03-2011 07:01 PM

Nice, How do the do when you need to sweep up, Do they sweep off easliyl? Thx for the info.

#3 posted 01-03-2011 07:04 PM

“Do they sweep off easliyl?”

View spkwms's profile

spkwms

#4 posted 01-03-2011 08:03 PM

What is the per piece size that Harbor Freight offers? Website shows 25 X 25 inches. Is this the item you purchased?
Thanks

#5 posted 01-03-2011 08:15 PM

“25 X 25 inches” is correct, 4 pieces in each package

View SPalm's profile (online now)

SPalm

#6 posted 01-03-2011 08:17 PM

I have a bunch of those and really like them. Some are a couple of years old and still going great. I have gone back over time and bought more.

But boy did mine stink when I first got them. I mean boy howdy. They came wrapped in plastic wrap. I leave them outside for a couple of days to de-gas. Then they are ok.

I would recommend them.
Steve

-- -- I'm no rocket surgeon

#7 posted 01-03-2011 08:32 PM

mine have no odor

View Dennisgrosen's profile

Dennisgrosen

#8 posted 01-03-2011 09:03 PM

thank´s for the rewiew :-)
ans a nice shop too Bert

take care
Dennis

View TheDane's profile

TheDane

#9 posted 01-03-2011 11:02 PM

I can attest to the value of these matts … I bought 3 paks of them a couple of years ago, and they really make a difference for my legs and back.

—Gerry

View Raymond's profile

Raymond

#10 posted 01-03-2011 11:33 PM

I have them in my shop as well. They are a wonderful on the feet and the chips and dust just sweep off. They have gotten stuck to my shop vac a few times. I recommend them 100%

-- Ray

View Routerisstillmyname's profile

Routerisstillmyname

#11 posted 01-04-2011 12:45 AM

WOW, That is one clean, organized shop. Heck you couldn’t even see this floor mat in my shop.

-- Router è ancora il mio nome.

#12 posted 01-04-2011 01:29 AM

Routerisstillmyname, I have a principle for a long time: my job is not finished until I put my tools away and I clean my work area.
I do that every day.

View Steven H's profile

Steven H

#13 posted 01-04-2011 02:57 AM

I didn’t even know HF sell these.

View Popsnsons's profile

Popsnsons

#14 posted 01-04-2011 05:22 AM

Thanks for the tip!

-- Pops ~ In So Cal...

View BigDaddyO's profile

BigDaddyO

#15 posted 01-04-2011 04:09 PM

I HAD these for about 2 years until our new puppy pee’d on the floor next to them when I wasn’t looking. it ran under the mats and they absorbed it. I tried washing them, febreezing them, everything. After a couple weeks I had to just throw them away. I guess their only real downside is that they are not a closed cell foam so they absorb liquids.

This could be an issue with anyone who’s floor can get damp.
My shop is small so I’m planning on getting one of those Gel Chef mats to replace them.

-- www.bigdaddyoworkshop.com