A Great And Simple Little Machine

Review by Dustmite97 posted 1334 days ago 2477 views 2 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
A Great And Simple Little Machine No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have had this sander for almost a year now and it has been great. I always needed a disc sander but always had trouble trying to pick one. There are many similar ones to the sander that I have and there are also combination units with a disc and a belt. I decided I really only needed the disc since I only sand wooden toy parts, bandsaw boxes, and for shaping plus I have limited shop space. I decided to choose this sander. The 12 inch disc makes for lots of sanding surface which is a big advantage over the smaller 6 inch discs. The sander was pretty much ready right out of the box. I just had to set up the table, put on a disc, plug it in, and go. The only problem I found was that the sanding discs that came with the unit were adhesive stick. If you ever wanted to change grits you would have to pretty much destroy the disc. Luckily Busy Bee Tools had velcroe discs that just stuck right on and peeled right off with ease. Another feature I like is the good dust collection as this thing makes a lot of dust. It has a 2 inch dust port underneath. I have a 4 inch dust collector hose but with an adaptor it makes it easy. Overall this has been a great sander and it has served me well. Here are the specifications if interested:

Table: 8 1/4” x 17”
Table Tilts: 0 – 45 degree
Speed: 1720 RPM
Motor: 1 HP, 110V
Gross: 31 kg
Carton size: 16 1/2” x 17” x 18”

View Dustmite97's profile

Dustmite97

Nice review, I love my disc sander as well.

View Popsnsons's profile

Popsnsons

I’m due for one. Have to add it to my list.

-- Pops ~ In So Cal...