A real powerhouse

Review by ChunkyC posted 01-02-2011 06:06 AM 2138 views 0 times favorited 0 comments Add to Favorites Watch
A real powerhouse No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I purchased the Milwaukee 0928-29 28-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless 4-Tool Combo Kit from Amazon about 1-1/2 years ago now. Priced paid, $592, now, $815! Ouch! I’m glad I got when I did.

The kit includes:
  9. (2) reciprocating saw blades
  10. circular saw blade
  11. rip fence
  12. bag

Pros:
I use the drill the most out of all of the tools. It’s 2 speed and has loads of torque. I’ve used the hammer drill to drive anchors into concrete and it was butter.

The reciprocating saw is two speed and gets a lot of use too. Compared to a standard plug and cord model, this things holds it own. Obviously if you’re saw through some real tough stuff, it’ll eat batteries but normal use it works great.

The light is bright and has a rotating head with positive detentes. I use it a lot to keep an eye the hound when I let her out at night.

Circular Saw: I’ve used it once soon after I got it. It doesn’t have the power of the 30 year old PC that I’m used to. So no real opinion about this one. It does have a break and stops on dime, I think. lol

Batteries: Charge fairly quickly. I’ve never had to wait for a dead battery to charge. There is a charge indicator in the battery for what’s it worth. It always seems to read low but the batteries last a very long time and don’t seem to bleed off as fast as NiCAD’s or NiMH’s do.

Cons:
Light: No “focus”. The beams gets pretty diffused at long range.
Drill: Won’t sit up. I don’t know, maybe it’s a good thing because it’s not getting knocked over all of the time but it aggravates me to no end that I can’t set the drill on the battery and have it stand up.
Bag: Might be good to someone but it’s worthless to me IMO. All it does is collect dust in the garage. So I guess it’s good for something.

I’m glad that I purchased it. I’m pretty sure that I wouldn’t spend $815 for it though. This is probably a 5 star tool but the hole drill issue knocks it down to a 4 star rating.

Amazon link

-- Chunk's Workshop pictures: http://spadfest.rcspads.com/thumbnails.php?album=135

View ChunkyC's profile