Does the job

Review by Brad_Nailor posted 1329 days ago 2088 views 1 time favorited 11 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Does the job Does the job No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I received one of these for Christmas and as simple as it is it does the trick. I installed it where they suggested, drilling a small pilot hole first then screwing it into the blade guide. It does a good job cleaning the tire and seems to be well made and should last a long time. i really like Carter band saw accessories. I give it 5 stars..

-- http://www.facebook.com/pages/DSO-Designs/297237806954248

View Brad_Nailor's profile

Brad_Nailor

View CanadianWoodChuck's profile

CanadianWoodChuck

Looks good, I have a set of the Carter roller guides and I’m really pleased. Have a great new year!

-- Wood Chuck (Bruce) http://3dwoodworkingplans.com

View patron's profile

patron

13000 posts in 1965 days

looks good
i have a cheap disposable brush on mine
(it came with the saw)
need a new one
this will fill that bill just fine
thanks

View twokidsnosleep's profile

twokidsnosleep

Got one in my Santa stocking this year :)

-- Scott "Some days you are the big dog, some days you are the fire hydrant"

View Pete_Jud's profile

Pete_Jud

My wife works in a hospital, and brings back disposable tooth brushes that have never been used. I find a little dab of 5 min epoxy, does the same thing, for a lot lower cost. But I have known to be on the cheap side.

-- Life is to short to own an ugly boat.

View Popsnsons's profile

Popsnsons

Just now getting on the Carter band wagon. I have the Stabilizer and my Magfence is just around the corner. Might as well add the wheel brush. Thanks for the review.

-- Pops ~ In So Cal...

View TheDane's profile

TheDane

This was one of the first accessories I added to my Jet 14” when I bought it last Spring. I was amazed at how much sawdust the lower tire accumulated without it, and how clean it stays since I added the brush.

I have purchased a number of items from Carter Products, and can’t say enough good about their products and their customer service. When I ordered my brush and Quick Release, their website was down so I called their toll-free order line. The woman I spoke with made dealing with Carter Products a very pleasant experience!

—Gerry

View dfdye's profile

dfdye

I do love the toothbrush idea! I have seen it a few places now, but I think I am going to use a nylon bristled plastic brush like this since I have a few lying around the shop already.

It is nice to know that there is a “designed” item for this if the cheap-o ideas don’t hold up well! Thanks for the review.

-- David from Indiana --

View Brad_Nailor's profile

Brad_Nailor

I was considering all the “toothbrush” ideas but when I saw how cheap this was…and it took all of about 2 minutes to install, I put it on the Xmass list….didn’t feel like jimmy rigging anything…no offense to Jimmy

-- http://www.facebook.com/pages/DSO-Designs/297237806954248

View Steven H's profile

Steven H

Dumb question

Have you had any problem it melting the brush?

View twokidsnosleep's profile

twokidsnosleep

Installed mine this morning.
Not smart to do this at -5 degrees Celsius as my bs blade was not so flexible.
I wound up using two spring clamps on the top wheel to hold the bugger down while I stretched the blade onto the lower wheel.
The brush works great btw

-- Scott "Some days you are the big dog, some days you are the fire hydrant"

View Glenn's profile

Glenn

140 posts in 2011 days

Another mounting solution: after upgrading my Delta 14” with the riser block, the new inside blade guard is aluminum as opposed to the original black plastic. I didn’t want to bother drilling a hole in the new blade guard, so I just used a bit of hot-melt glue to install it. Works great.

-- Glenn, Arkansas