A Better Layout Tool

Review by Tim Dorcas posted 12-20-2010 06:23 AM 2829 views 1 time favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
A Better Layout Tool No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I posted a longer review of this tool on website, but in short the Brumley Tools’ Trim Gauge has become my go to tool for measuring and laying out. It’s incredibly easy to use, more compact than a combination square, and as I typically need to do multiple layouts, it’s nice that you get three in a kit: 2 4”, 1 8”. I won’t lie and say that they are inexpensive but of late my Trim Gauges are one of favorite go to tools in the shop.

-- www.craftedbytim.com - A Woodworking & Renovation Blog & www.craftedbytim.com - I make. You buy.

View Tim Dorcas's profile

Tim Dorcas

View lew's profile

lew

#1 posted 12-20-2010 02:42 PM

I’ve had the little trim gauge for quite some time and really like it.

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

View PCM's profile

PCM

#2 posted 12-21-2010 05:45 AM

I’ve used the same gauge for 4 years. I find it invaluable and agree that it’s a go to tool. Definately worth the price.

View bigfish_95008's profile

bigfish_95008

#3 posted 12-21-2010 05:48 PM

I keep them in the pocket of my work bib, they get used a lot.

-- bigfish "I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it." Vincent Van Gogh